“Unbelievable French Toast”
Review of Il Postinos

Il Postinos
Reviewed 10 April 2016

Stumbled into Il Postino after taking the train up from Sydney. Were STARVING and took one look at the interesting brunch menu and sat down at the lovely communal table in the garden. My husband ordered the the "Big Breaky" which included a yummy mashed potato hash brown type of fried deliciousness and eggs and bacon and sausage and he ate it all. I ordered the french toast with caramelized brandy bananas and peanut butter popcorn...WHAT??? It came and I immediately said I was going to post a picture. It was, as described except it also had some sort of peanut butter cream on top...like I said...WHAT??? Absolutely delicious and decadent!!!! The waitresses were lovely, friendly, fast and efficient and the atmosphere very pleasant. We conversed with our table mates and had a lovely time. Hit the National Pass trail afterwards - in a bit of a food coma - and worked off at least a few of the gajillion calories!!

3  Thank Marisa A

Reviewed 8 April 2016

On a very chilly misty autumn day we dropped in for afternoon tea. The generous servings of traditional and modern cakes and rich hot coffee and tea in pots were just what we needed.

There is a large courtyard area but the warm interior of this old post office turned into a cafe was inviting and cosy.

Another of my favourite things is this cafe is offering natural sweetners as an alternative to sugar or chemical sweetners... I am always on the look out for this

Other customers were eating late lunch and the meals looked great but it was something sweet we were after and Il Postinos served it up in large portions with icecream and cream on the side.

1  Thank Lis H
Reviewed 3 April 2016

The food here was delicious and the staff were really friendly. If you were to ask for something they would promptly get it for you. I would recommend Il postinos to anyone wanting some coffee/lunch or a bite to eat.

2  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Loved this little cafe and the outdoor setting. Parking at the rear is great. Service was lovely and friendly.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

A great mix of breakfast and lunch choices. They will vary the dish if they can. Big pieces of cake and great coffee.