“So delicious we went twice in a row ”
Review of Nineteen23 - CLOSED

Nineteen23
Price range: USD 37 - USD 48
Cuisines: Australian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Those visiting Nineteen23 can expect a regularly changing, seasonally-driven array of dishes (including vegetarian and gluten free options) that showcase produce from across the Blue Mountains and NSW Central Tablelands.Chef Max McKinnon has been Soux Chef for the past three years, and is formerly of Tetsuya's, Darleys ans solitary. Degustation menus also available. Nineteen23's marble topped tables, grand fire place and art deco chandeliers bring diners into the period ambience. Once there, they can enjoy the view to the Blue Mountains World Heritage Park and the Sydney CBD through huge picture windows and framed glass doors. Open for dinner Thursday through Sunday and for lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Private rooms available for group bookings.
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Everything about this restaurant is what I love about dining out. It is warm and inviting with a calm ambience - no stuffiness nor overbearing wait staff. December is the month of celebrating for me and one of my besties (Christmas babies) so we went for dinner together on the Friday night being the 1st. He had the full vegetarian meal without even realising it - the smoked pumpkin for entree and the gnocchi for main which he raved about. I enjoyed the bonito for entree and the lamb for main. Both were out of this world. Possibly the best meal I’ve had all year. We polished off a few bottles of vino (we’re not really big drinkers ) and had a great start to the silly season. The following evening we invited friends who brought along their adorable 3 year old who was catered for so graciously. I then tried the smoked pumpkin for entree which was incredible. The smokiness from the hickory chips was divine. The blue trevalla for main was perfect and the wattle seed panna cotta for dessert was sublime. Highly recommended & wonderful service. The diet starts next year

2  Thank gidget2000

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

This is a real gem if you want to have nice food in the countryside. The seafood we had was very delicious and tasty. The service was good to.

1  Thank Elvira345
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Over the years have eaten at Nineteen23 many times and last Sat night my husband an I enjoyed another amazing degustation meal. It's Mon today and I am still thinking about the magical flavours of each dish although the stand out dish was definately the beef cheek pie which melted in ones mouth and was to die for. Degustation is one option but a la carte is also available. Great service and selection of wines.This restaurant never disappoints and for me and my husband remains our favourite restaurant in the Blue Mountains.

1  Thank ElizabethN
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Elegant dinner of high quality with charming service. My ocean trout was perfect! Chocolate dessert a dream. Happy to recommend.

1  Thank DyseSydney
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This restaurant is located in a large old family home built in 1923 and surounded by gardens with terrific views over the mountains. The food is excellent and also matched with very good wines. You can choose from the a la carte menu of the degustation menu both are excelent. The service is also outstanding with the waiter have an excellent knowledge of the menu, ingredients and the wine list. I highly recomend this resaurant for fine dining. because it is fine dining it is not cheap but the experience is worth it. I am amazed it is not a hatted resaurant.

1  Thank V9758VWstephenw