All reviews the blue room julius caesar historic house private bathroom step back in time spiral staircase buffet style buffet lunch star stay poster bed foot ceilings sweet and sour fish sri lankan dishes grand home excellent buffet roast beef stately home
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Oh my god !

Why did I choose this place ?

Historic ? Yes.

Decorated in the 70's we would guess by looking at the bathrooms. A big issue with the bed. Too bad to mention.

The rooms are mostly rough. Roomy though. Quirky ? Certainly.

The Manager was obliging and very friendly.

Interesting for one night I suppose. We are here for three nights.

Tenterfield is lovely. This place should be closed for renovations.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Maybe not the best option for winter. Historic house, lots of stuff and an eclectic collection of ornaments and decorations. Sort of place you need to experience but once in enough for me.

Includes buffet breakfast (I am not a fan) and you can order barrister coffee.

This place is not centrally heated, uncomfortable in winter.

Room tip: Not all rooms have en suite, shared bathrooms
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018

In August 2018 my party stayed at Stannum House over the weekend, the house is most interesting in itself, the rooms were warm and comfortable, amenities very good. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, Rates were very reasonable. Would certainly recommend the house’s charm over staying in formula hotel rooms.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Stannum house on 15th August for 1 night. It was a great experience and I would give 5 stars to food and service.
Mohan the owner and rest of the staff was very friendly and we heard a lot of interesting stories about the beautiful piece of colonial architecture. They are trying their level best to maintain it without affecting its old glory.
I Would recommend it to any one travelling between Brisbane and Sydney who's looking for an accommodation for a reasonable price.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank janith d
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Had their smorgasbord for dinner and while the food was just okay, it was cold or lukewarm. Even food that just came out of their heating ovens was not even hot. It must be served at a certain temperature!

Date of stay: May 2018