“Dining with a 70-80's twitch........”

Explorers Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 33 Restaurants in Moree
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Food was excellent couldn't fault it - but the service wasn't that great perhaps more trained staff might help on this important issue!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Wonderful menu choices, couldn't make up my mind, the food was just delicious, decent glass of house wine. Really hope I get to back it was that good, more on the menu I want to try and I am a fussy eater!!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was surprised by this place. I expected a typical country, more or less pub food style. My experience was very different from the other reviewers. This is about as close to fine dining as you can get in Moree. White table cloths, nice selection of fine, food and prices to match Sydney prices. The service from the 2 young ladies would put to shame some Sydney establishments. Most of the main courses were at least $30, with the Ship to Shore at $42. and all desserts were $19.

I started with the Turkish bread with red pesto as entree and there were 6 ample pieces. The Ship to Shore was a steak with mash, 3 oysters, 3 scallops and 3 prawns. It was the most popular item as several local diners ordered it.
I asked for the steak to be medium and it was exactly medium. I was not too keen with the dessert choices but the sweet waitress convinced me to try the Nougat Pav. I thought it was expensive at $19, as actual dessert was a slice was about 1.5 x 8cm, while the rest was a big blob of cream and a scoop of ice cream.

I could not fault the service. The girls were absolutely lovely. Great examples of country hospitality. I would return to try other mains.

4  Thank Love_Life_Sydney
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Food was ok. Probably would go again. Had a steak with the lot. Looked average and steak was fatty. Taste was ok. Had high hopes with reading some of the reviews but was let down a little. Wouldn't be going back and will try something else next time.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

I ate here with a group over a number of nights during my stay in Moree. The food was good 'middle of the road fare' with a range of dishes to suit different tastes (including vegetarian options). Portions were more 'country sizes' - i.e. very generous, so we did not have entrees although they did look interesting.

I tried a number of different mains - the fish dishes were excellent, particularly the perch with salad. Colleagues enjoyed the lamb and the pasta dishes. The chicken breast with avocado was also good. My steak was a bit tough but others had a better experience. The prices were middle of the range but the meals were value for money.

The wine list was not extensive but the choice was good and the prices were excellent. Table water was provided throughout the evening.

Service was attentive and friendly. The diners were a mixture of locals and travellers so it had good patronage. Probably best to book just to be sure.