“Lovely Food - s**t Lager”
Review of Lockhart Tavern

Lockhart Tavern
Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Description: Traditional pub with dining room serving a great selection of craft beers, wines and spirits alongside traditional pub food all prepared freshly onsite and to order.
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I have been here before for a drink but never tried the food. It is a Hipster wannabe place which surprises me that it fits in with Haywards Heath but it does. Great selection of beers (if you like beer) although not sure if I did i'd pay £8.50 a pint for some of it. I'm pleased I have now tried the food though.

Went Sunday for a Roast and it was lovely, Meat was beautifully cooked, Home made yorkshire delicious and the potatoes were perfect. Also top marks on the gravy as I could drink it.

The only bad points were the following...

Maybe add some more veg with the carrots and green beans?
I know you don't want lager drinkers in there - but the one on offer tastes like piss
Wasps - nobody's fault but maybe get one of them pot things they get stuck in so they don't pester you whilst eating outside.

Definitely go back - want to try other food - might try a wine though next time.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch. Had a good menu. I had the halloumi burger which was lovely although you couldn’t really taste the halloumi and the chilli was quite strong. Chips were nice too. The staff were very friendly

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing bar staff especially the lady who served us called Nicole.. Came up from Leeds to visit family and friends never felt so welcome in my life.. Definitely coming here again would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a good craft beer or just a drink

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We visited this place yesterday, completely by accident as the other place we wanted to go stopped serving food at 3pm.

I have never heard my wife say, “your food is ridiculous” before and she was completely right. The food was out of this world, my wife had the burger and I had the katsu curry, we ended up sharing both dishes as the food was too good not too.

The curry sauce was beautifully seasons with some small veg (I think it was potato) and the chicken was the huge! The burger was perfectly cooked, succulent, well cooked and not overdone.

The beer selection at this place is fantastic, so many options! Highly recommended, we’ll be back soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

cool place with great atmosphere for chatting at any time of the day or night. friendly staff eager to help