Brownsover Hall Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dunchurch Park(Dunchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewsstable blockcoach housebeautiful hotelwineglass restaurantmain buildingold stableslovely roomlots of characterlovely groundsfood was lovelyevening mealwedding breakfastwedding partybusiness tripfollowing morningfrom start to finishwedding reception
Reviewed 6 September 2017

It's a great character Hotel with some nice grounds and a convenient location for a trip to Rugby. The staff were helpful and polite and the rooms were a good size and well maintained. I would definitely recommend for a short visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This hotel is a gem, set in lovely grounds and a perfect retreat for a peaceful break.
The staff are so friendly, nothing is too much trouble. The bar is reasonably priced and the restaurant is very quaint. In regards to the food it is fantastic the steaks I had were beautifully cooked and the cheeseboard is sublime. I stayed for two nights with my wife, just to get away from the work environment it certainly was worth every penny.
Highly recommended. We were in the stable block so quiet, lovely.
Well done to everyone involved, SUPERB FIND. We will be back. Andy&Julie 29/31/08/2017

Room Tip: The stable block.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We decided to take a weekend away and wanted to see Rugby this weekend and decided to stay here at the Brownsover Hall Hotel.

One arriving we were blown away by how beautiful the hotel is and the grounds it is set in.

It was late and we were tired so we checked in and went straight to bed. When waking the next day and went to get ready this is where the issues began. Our bathroom experience was a disaster the toilet didn't flush properly, there was mould on the ceiling and the wall in the shower then when showering we realised we had only one shower gel and to top it off the shower gel was watered down I couldn't believe a place this prestigious would stoop this low in order to save money. I went to see the receptionist and they changed our room for us. I must say the staff were very polite and helpful.

On going into the new room again it was a very beautiful room but again it was very dirty and covered in dust but we were pushed for time so we decided not to complain again especially as I noticed trying to fix our issue previously there didn't seem to be many spare rooms available. We went to get showered again and we found we had no shower gel this time. I asked the manager again for shower gel as we didn't have any and again skimping on cost only gave us one. So later in the day we ended up buying our own shower gel. We were also very disappointed with the bed as the first room had a very big and comfortable bed the new bed was only just bigger than a single bed and was rock hard. But as I said we had plans so we were pushed for times and had just the one night left to stay so we put up with it.

We looked at the menu for the restaurant and thought it sounded nice so we decided to have dinner in the hotel that night. The staff were very friendly and helpful but they did seem very short. We ordered our drinks and food after 10minutes and shortly afterwards an elderly couple came and sat on the table next to us. 5 minutes later they order their food and drink but we still haven't received our drinks. A further 5 minutes they received their drinks we still hadn't received ours. We waited over 30minutes to get our drinks. By this point we still hadn't had our food and sat and watched other tables receive theirs and again the elderly couple received their food while we had been waiting for 30 minutes. By this point nobody had come to speak to us. I waited patiently for another 10 minutes but by now it's been 40minutes so I called the waitress over and she said she is aware of the situation and the manager was speaking to the chefs at that moment. 5 minutes later our food came out so it had been 45 minutes now. My food was lovely. However when my partner cut into her salmon it was still raw in the middle. My partner called the manager over who apologised and took the dish away and offered us a drink which we declined as we hadn't had our drinks long and I was beginning to grow into such a bad mood I just wanted to leave the restaurant. I ate my food and left because the staff were really lovely and I didn't want to take my frustrations out on the staff as it would be unfair as they were very nice. I went back to my room and waited for my partner who didn't end up coming back for another 45 minutes again having to wait for a ridiculous amount of time for her food.

We had had enough by his point so we went to sleep woke up early the next day and left even before we needed to check out. This hotel had ruined our weekend away. On leaving we could over hear another guest sharing his bad experience with the host and manager as well so we were relieved that it wasn't just us that felt this hotel was a disappointment.

I marked this as a 2 star purely because the staff were trying as hard as they could to resolve the issues and be helpful.

This place has fantastic potential to amazing but it needs to be cleaned properly and better organised

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William M
Reviewed 4 September 2017

From the moment we arrived at Brownsover Hall we were spellbound! The Hall itself looked amazing. We received a warm welcome and went to our room straight away. The room was beautifully laid out and the surprise bottle of prosecco and macaroons was a lovely touch. Our room was very spacious and had a beautiful view of the couch house and courtyard. Our dinner was delicious, we had three courses and each one was excellent. We had a stroll by torch light through the grounds after dinner, which was breathtaking. We asked for room service slightly after the cut off time but the staff were more than happy to oblige us. Next morning, breakfast was very good and we have decided we would definitely visit again! Thank you for making our stay so memorable as it was our first wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Tried this place as an overnight stop on way home. Very accommodating and friendly staff. Slighted dated but clean. Beds comfortable and bathrooms good. Decent breakfast.

I would use this place again as close to my main route.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family