“wedding”

Brownsover Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
Reviewed 30 October 2016

We attended a friend wedding at the brownsover hall , apart from a small mix up over our room, we had an excellent stay the wedding was organised brilliantly the staff were very helpful and friendly, making our stay magical day,

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank lesleyr391
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear lesleyr391,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent visit here at Brownsover Hall Hotel. I am so pleased to hear the wedding you attended was brilliantly organized and that you had a magical day!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

We have an office nearby and had been staying at the local Premier Inn. Brownsover is a different place, some won't like and most will. If u like "same same" "I at least know what I am getting every time" kind of places THEN DON'T COME HERE - because the food is great, the bar is great, the grounds are great, the rooms are quirky (and great) and the historical building is great and it's just as convenient.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear Gavin W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. I am so pleased you have discovered Brownsover Hall Hotel as a convenient place for you to stay when traveling on business. Your comments regarding our food, bar and bedrooms are highly appreciated!

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Handsome architecture and gardens, friendly and efficient staff, comfortable room; what's not to like! In addition, when the restaurant manager discovered we were celebrating a special anniversary, they insisted our prosecco was on the house. A lovely touch. P.S. Our engineer son was mightily impressed by the Frank Whittle connection.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear paulpU3797ZE,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. I am delighted that you decided to celebrate your special anniversary here at Brownsover Hall Hotel and I am so pleased you enjoyed the complimentary Prosecco!

I hope to be welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel is set in lovely grounds and is great if your on business but want to get off the beaten track and not stay in a plastic hotel. Nice, quiet, spacious bedroom made for a relaxing stay. Also, good value for money.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob M

Dear Bob M,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent visit at the Brownsover Hall Hotel.
I am delighted that you had a relaxing stay and that you found your hotel room nice, quiet and spacious.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Booked a 2 day stay with Hotel Vouchers at a reduced rate. What a disappointment. The hotel is a Victorian grade 2 listed building. It shows! Whilst rooms were large, with high ceilings, the windows were showing signs of decay and over all the hotel looked very "tired". The carpets were old and public rooms lacked any style.The tie for the drapes in our room were broken and one of our tea cups was chipped. Beds were reasonably comfortable and bath/shower good. Rooms were cleaned on both days. Staff were friendly, and breakfast OK. [ It was free as part of our deal, but I would have been reluctant to pay the £12 it was priced at]. What was really disappointing was the evening meal.There were only 4 couples in the dining room. My starter was rabbit which had no taste and my wife had soup which came tepid. My wife and I had steak which was lacking flavour. My wife's steak in particular , served well done, was very chewy and she could not eat it. The cost would have been £22 for a piece of sirloin and 4 potato wedges.Our desserts were orange pudding which was only warm and poached pear which was freezing cold. To top it all, my wife was violently sick during the night. We explained to the hotel we thought it might have been something she ate and they refunded the cost of the wine we had drunk with the meal. There seemed to be a lot of people staying bed and breakfast with companies. Maybe that's why the could afford the high prices. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugby
10.6 km away
The Rugby Hotel
#11 of 13 in Rugby
10.3 km away
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire

Been to Brownsover Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!