“What a lovely place”

Brownsover Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Superb Hall with large stately rooms, brilliant staircases and very nice stable blocks, in a nice wooded setting away from roads and noise. Food was pricey and the steak not worth the £22 price tag as it was a bit tough but the chips were gorgeous. Very nice breakfast is served and well worth a visit. I hear there is access to a fitness centre but at another hotel away from this one

Room Tip: There are some very nice rooms available if staying for a while, the one in the stable block is on t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TheShireCaza
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you so much for your comments and delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Apologies that the steak was a little tough for your liking and will monitor the meat quality for the future. We have an agreement with Virgin Actif, locally and can offer recreational facilities for those looking for a pool, gym and exercise rooms.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Brownsover Hall soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

First impressions were very good, grounds were lovely and the building very impressive. had a meal in the restaurant which didn't live up to expectations.
I had a steak which was very dry and had probably been kept warm awaiting other dishes, my partner had some vegetables which although not burnt themselves tasted and smelt like they had been.
Staff although friendly and eager to please seemed inexperienced. I also thought the interior of the building could have done with a bit more care and attention, reading other reviews I may have caught a bad night, but this was my experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for review. I share your disappointment and apologise for the fact that the food in the restaurant did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. I hope we were able to pick up on this and offer you some alternative. We have recently changed out meat supplier and will certainly monitor quality to ensure you are not disappointed on future visits. Welcome back to try us again.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

My name is Maria I have stayed at this hotel for over a week, i have got to say that the room that I stayed in was immaculate and had a pretty good view from the window. In the week that I have spent at the hotel I had dinner in the Wine Glass Restaurant every night, the food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent, I have been treated as one of the VIP guests by all of the members of staff. One of my favourite member of staff was Andrew as he was always more than happy to treat me as a VIP, he also helped me carry my bags to my room and to taxi and always looked happy to be there to serve costumers at the highest standard. I would be more than happy to comeback and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you Maria, comments from a long stay resident is praise indeed, as you get to see all aspects of the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that Andrew looked after you so well. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We had a lovely room in the stable block, indeed it looked like the one which features in the brochures. Big windows looking out on the courtyard but would have been nice if it had been French windows. Also some nets for privacy?

Other irritations - only one bedside lamp; no natural light in little hall and bathroom so had to keep light on a night. Sometimes think it should be compulsory for hotel staff to spend a night in their rooms.

We ate in the hotel one night and although we ordered in the bar we ate in the restaurant as we didn't want to watch football. Food was nicely presented and very nice.

Breakfast - "continental" selection was pretty limited, especially towards the end of the designated time but the cooked breakfast was really nice with good quality bacon, scrambled eggs which tasted freshly made.

Setting of the hotel is lovely with nice gardens and a walk along the canal and a small nature reserve adjoining.

Disappointed that there wasn't more recognition of the connection with Sir Frank Whittle who was based here when he was working on the design of the jet engine.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at Brownsover hall recently. Useful for us to know when we remodel the rooms. Glad to hear your interest for Sir Frank Whittle and our bar is dedicated to his memory. We are hoping shortly to be able to offer talks and local visits to his factory in Lutterworth as well as the Coventry Motor Museum, where he is also remembered.
I would be interested to hear your suggestions for other initiatives. Don't hesitate to contact me on 01788 555364, as I am always looking for historical points of interest at the Hotel and surrounding area.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We came To The venue on the 9th.. When we arrived we could see it was very busy due to silverston event not far away.. after being told to wait in the bar (which we did for 35mins) we spoke to an young asian Waiter who said the othe waiter should have told us there was no room and that there is no available table for us.. very annoyed at this point as we were promised a table and even waited so long to be told this,.. we asked the boy to get the manager but this guy was no where to be seen.. (after a friend telling us to eat here we felt very disapointed.) staff looked very unorganised!!!! after finishing our drinks and on our way out a waitress named amanda came to us and asked us if we were ok,, we explained the situation and she was very kind she set up one of the rooms that was empty within 5 mins .even tho she had alot of other people to take care of. She went beyond to keep us happy and was very apologetic about it being busy,,she was in and out bringing food taking drink orders! we offered her a tip for the card payment but she refused and told me her name was on receipt and to write on here. we spent a large amount of money and will come back. and even recommend to our friends ... despite lack of other staff workers! so we want to thank you and we will be booking a room when its less busy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for your comments. Silverstone weekend was very busy for the hotel and our resources were stretched. I am delighted Amanda went out of her way to help your party so that an enjoyable was had by all. She is a credit to Brownsover Hall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugby
7.7 km away
The Carlton Hotel
#8 of 13 in Rugby
33.5 km away
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings

Been to Brownsover Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!