“Sunday Lunch - Excellent Food but .......”
Review of The Tuning Fork

The Tuning Fork
Ranked #26 of 219 Restaurants in Rugby
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I have to say we were expecting a lot more, setting, decoration and atmosphere is lovely but really let down by lack of attention on the floor. Table was booked for Sunday lunch. We ordered our food, starters eventually came , no cutlery or napkins. Cutlery came still no napkins. Ordered drinks, they arrived, tried to order more drinks but took three attempts to receive them. The food was excellent, could not fault it but the service was poor and extremely slow as well as the bill being incorrect with another tables drinks on our bill.

My recommendation is more staff on the floor to check order. As you have to book for Sunday Lunch they should staff accordingly.

Once again I must stress the food was excellent and good value for money. As more houses are built around this area, staffing issues will need to be addressed.

1  Thank alison_kunze

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

As a former Restauranteur and a pretty picky person, I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday Lunch, Atmosphere and Service.

It beggars belief that some of the negative reviews include moans about the price (Website, Read, Menu, Read, Don’t go or don’t order if it costs more than you want to spend).
Furthermore, moans about slow service (Mouth, Ask... )
As for the people that want to write the cake menu, I’m speechless!

This is an excellent venue...
There will always be some room for improvement where humans are involved and differences of opinion but please don’t ruin what is likely to be, and deserves to be the best little eatery in your area...
Alternatively, use the gift of verbal communication instead of the pretty poor “after rant” technique or go to Weatherspoon’s for a cheap meal and bake your own cakes...

For decencies sake, have a think about when you had your first job or if your child or grandchild was lambasted publicly for what?

Thanks to all at The Tuning Fork.

1  Thank Jamie J
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We have visited The Tuning Fork a number of times and find it really hard to go anywhere else. Sunday lunch is our favourite and never fails to please. Very tasty food, well cooked and well presented. Gravey is special, not the usual watery stuff you get in restaurants. We love the coffee and cakes and have to try not to go too often as the calories mount up. Evening meals are really good, with lots of options that we haven’t tried yet. The menu changes often and does not stick to just one style. The chef seems to know his stuff. Mother’s Day meal was lovely. Lots yet to try for lunches. Yes the food is not cheap but value for money is justified. Experience of waiting staff has been good, always friendly. Comments of slow service are unfair really as the food is cooked to order and usually you will know in advance. So well deserved five stars from us

1  Thank Prismdel
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We ordered a tea, coffee and breakfast for two. The drinks took fifteen minutes to get to our table and Once breakfasts came out and placed on table the waitress then went to get cutlery followed by sauce as my eggs and bacon went cold.
Food was ok considering the price, I think they are trying too hard to serve posh food with out the attention to detail in the small things. Sorry but didn’t match up to our expectations and doubt we will be back for breakfast.
My recommendation is more staff on the floor to check order is maintained and prevent the tea lady from flapping.

Such a shame overall.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

It was my first time at the tuning fork and I can safely say... I really enjoyed the ambience, food and service.

I’ve seen a lot of reviews on here that are quite varied, but I genuinely think that the cost and the produce is fantastic.

Well done and I look forward to my return visit :)