“Quaint Coffee Shop.”

Olivias Coffee House
Price range: USD 3 - USD 5
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Oliviers excellent coffee shop,found food excellent ,loved the cakes.very helpful staff,excellent menu choice,

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I've been here on 2 separate occasions for lunch and afternoon tea. Its a cute little place inside, family friendly and the staff are pleasant. Although the menu is limited lunch was nice and very cheaply priced.
Afternoon tea was a big disappointment. Now for me an afternoon tea is served on a tiered stand with sandwiches on the bottom, scones on the centre and cake on the top and served between 2-4 people depending on the size of the stand. Not this one. It was a large party so we had sandwiches on one stand, scones on other stand and cakes on another stand. The stands were wobbly as anything and served between.. I'm yet to distinguish how many. The fruit scones were either not properly defrosted or raw inside because they were squishy and wet, the sandwiches had hardly any filling and still had crusts. Don't expect homemade cakes either. It took AGES to get a coffee as they can only make a couple at a time. The toilet area is also quite grim, freezing cold and in need of updating. Overall, lunch yes afternoon tea no.

OliviasNE37, Owner at Olivias Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

I am so sorry to read your comments. I would really like to investigate your afternoon tea experience further so that this does not happen to future customers. Could you let me know the date and time you visited please? We usually get really lovely comments regarding our afternoon teas. As you have commented on how you would expect the tea to be presented ... our afternoon teas are usually served on a 3 tier afternoon tea stand with the bottom tier filled with sandwiches, middle tier with homemade scones and top tier with homemade cakes and if this was not the case I need to establish why. The cake stands need to be tightened before each use which obviously was not done on your visit. I will be discussing all of these issues with my staff. I do have plans to redecorate the toilets and I take on board your comments regarding this. I can't apologise enough for your experience.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I've enjoyed a few panini's and cappuccino's in Olivias. Staff and owner are very friendly and food tasty but not a place I'd go for a meal as such. I'd recommend to anyone who has small children as they have a great play area to keep them occupied.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I have been coming here quite a lot for a while now and I can say the experience is always a pleasant one, with great service and a nice range of things on the menu, this is definitely a place I drop into when I'm in the local area.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We popped in today for a coffee and a sandwich. The owner was pleasant and helpful and the menu although not large was very good. We had Bacon and Egg Bagels which were very tasty and filling. The food was served promptly and although she was on her own and the place was busy we were made to feel a bit special.