“Worth the wait.”

Man vs Food Grill House
Ranked #18 of 230 Restaurants in South Shields
Cuisines: American, Diner, Steakhouse, Fast food, Grill
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We visited here as a party of 20 and we're not disappointed food was delicious but we had to wait from 6:45 till 8:20 for our food to arrive. One thing about this place is you can't go to the bar and buy drinks you have to order them from your table and wait for them to be served which means you have to be patient. However all Things Considered we had a good night despite the wait and we would recommend but there really need to revise their policy about ordering from the bar.
I had also said that this place gives staff 0 hours contract and national Minimum Wage which is a shame because they work very very hard and deserve to have decent working conditions and a decent contract of employment

MAC5599, Guest Relations Manager at Man vs Food Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hi David!

Thanks for the great review, we always try our best to get food out asap, but with everything being made fresh to order it can be hard to get a large number of meals out quickly, so we appreciate your understanding and patience. I'll pass your message regarding ordering at the bar on to managment!

Thanks

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Visited the restaurant today and the food was great, we both got burgers which were huge. I upgraded to chunky chips which were massive and had the Mexican burger which tasted great. The pit beans come with meat in too which was a great touch, really tasty. The desserts looked fab but far too full for that.

Hi Sophia!

Brilliant to hear you enjoyed your meal with us! Thanks for the kind review and hopefully we see you again soon!

Thanks

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband went for the first time... my brother highly raves about this place. So we thought we’ll check it out, plus my husband was craving for grilled chicken. The deco was lovely (husband loved it) atmosphere was great too. Excellent service from James. I ordered chicken parmo, hubby ordered half chicken, food was lovely and huge portion (couldn’t finish it) plus we got a kids meal free for my little girl which was also yummy. I definitely recommend trying this place out, we’ll definitely be going back again with family.

MAC5599, Public Relations Manager at Man vs Food Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hi!

Great to hear you enjoyed the food and service and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks!

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

An amazing place, like stepping into a flight to the US as you walk through the doors, kerb appeal is not as great and parking seems to be a mystery - this is definitely one to try if your feeling like you need to eat a horse, the prices are great, the food tastes amazing and there is plenty of it! Highly highly recommend to anyone eating to their fill! Happy Dinning people - try and leave room for desert or get carry out!

MAC5599, Public Relations Manager at Man vs Food Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi Peter!

Thanks for the kind review! Glad you enjoyed your meal.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Excellent Food that you will never regret. Highly Good hygiene place to have your meal. This is THE BEST restaurant that i have been so far in my life, which Grilled Meat and Rib are my number ONE favourite Food. I been there twice in three days. Marvellous... wish to be there again in my future trip to Newcastle. Thanks Man vs Food for your good sevice n hospitality and price are very reasonable... bye

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
MAC5599, Public Relations Manager at Man vs Food Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the food and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks!