Warm welcome from reception when I arrived on a recent January evening but that is where the warmth stopped.
I was given a standard room - nothing wrong with it - pretty basic and without any charm but it was clean and adequately equipped. But the room was ice cold. I like colder rooms to sleep in so for me to find it intolerably cold means it really was cold. I went downstairs and spoke to reception who said that they had designated cold rooms and hot rooms...have never heard of such a thing. I hadn't asked for a cold room. The room was on the corner of the building - next to the fire escape so maybe that is why it was freezing. The heating wasn't making an impact. I spent the night with the contents of both beds on my bed, wearing my socks and a hat to keep warm. Ridiculous really.
And to cap it all I was kept awake from 2 till 4 by a group of adults who were coming in and out of their rooms, drunk, to have a fag on the fire escape. Constant door banging, shouting and cigarette smoke drifting into the room.
The staff were really friendly and welcoming but I found this such an uncomfortable place to stay. It reminded me of the programme Crossroads Motel....the restaurant was called 'Squiggles'. Why? All that was lacking was Alan Partridge to make an appearance. The only thing in its favour is its very convenient location in the centre of Sutton which has a good selction of high street restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London-Sutton, a modern, full service hotel situated in the heart of Sutton town centre. Perfectly located for many famous Surrey & South London attractions and events Chessington World of Adventure, Wimbledon All England Tennis Club and Epsom Racecourse to name a few. The Holiday Inn, Sutton is easily accessible from Croydon to the east, Kingston to the west, Wimbledon to the north and from the M25 to the south. The hotel has 119 air conditioned bedrooms, including 4 suites, 2 DDA rooms as well 20 Executive rooms all which have en suite facilities, including high speed internet access (HSIA). Kids stay and eat free*. Our Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offering tempting dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Squiggles Lounge also offers wireless internet connections. The Holiday Inn Meetings Network Rooms and Orchard Suite are self contained on the first floor. A well known venue which comfortably seats 160 for a celebratory meal, or 200 for a corporate meeting. Spirit Health Club, located within the hotel, is open to members and residents. The gymnasium, indoor heated pool, spa, sauna & steam rooms are available to residents on a complimentary basis. *Terms and conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn London Sutton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Sutton Hotel Sutton
- Sutton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Sutton Surrey, UK