“Really Good”

Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Reigate
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We love how quirky this restaurant is. There are lots of different rooms – one even has a private bar (perfect for parties!) This charming Giggling Squid is not what you’d expect from a Thai restaurant at all, which is part of the reason why we love it so much. Spread across 4 floors, anyone who works here gets fit without trying – we should make it a company perk! It took us a long time to open in Reigate as our builders discovered a cave. It soon made us the talk of the town!
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I have visited twice in a short space of time for lunch. The food is delicious. I tried the wealthy squid tapas which was lamb massaman curry, rice, duck spring roll and fish cakes. The second time I visited, i had the chicken pad thai and salt and pepper squid. Again delicious! I will definitely return.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

This was my 2nd time in giggling squid, first time i visited was over a year ago when i really enjoyed it.
We were seated in a separate room off the side of the restaurant in a very small space when booking we specifically asked for an area with some room as we know the restaurant is quite tight for space. Request was completely ignored.
The food was nice but nothing special considering the price of the dish I had.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

None of us have been to any branches of The Giggling Squid before however have all heard pretty good things about it! This is why I decided to book it for mum’s birthday meal last night.

I had no idea there were 4 floors to the restaurant. It’s very cute! A lot of “mind your head” signs due to low ceilings which I think actually add character to the building. Inside is very cosy and has a nice atmosphere to it. We had a very lovely and charming waiter called Jamal. Jamal has a natural charisma and had all 3 of us in stitches throughout the evening. He was very attentive and I could see him glancing over at our table to make sure we were okay, even during the busier period of the night. Top waiter and a top guy indeed!!

We ordered a sharing platter which consisted of vegetable spring rolls, chicken wings, salt & pepper squid & pork skewers. We also ordered the pork ribs. Everything was DELICIOUS!! The ribs being my favourite - the meat literally fell off the bone!

Mains were the sleeping honey duck, the crying beef and a chicken jungle curry. All so different with very different flavours - all delicious!

We told Jamal we would definitely be back - hey, this could even be our regular Thai! Thanks so much to Jamal for making our evening that bit more enjoyable and to the chefs for such yummy food!!

Reviewed 27 September 2018

We turned up about 30 minutes late for our reservation for 4 people. But the staff still managed on a busy Friday night to sit us fairly quickly. Never had a bad meal at the Giggling squid, the quality of the food and presentation is so good that you could easily forget that it's a small chain of restaurants.Plenty to choose from on the menu and the wine that we ordered was very nice too.Service was very effective and quick considering how busy the place was.Never disappoints on taste and favour.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

I'd been meaning to eat at the Giggling Squid for a few years now, if only because of the name. We nearly didn't go there, because when I phoned, on a Monday evening, to check that they still had tables available, they said they hadn't at the time we wanted one, and that we'd have to come much later. Only when I said we wanted to eat early (is 8.00 pm that early?) did they relent and agree, provided we didn't mind waiting. Then, when we turned up, the place was over half-empty and never really filled up. Do they really want customers?

That ends the grumbling, and everything thereafter was very good indeed: the welcome, the attention from the staff, the speed at taking our orders and then serving them. Their menu is about the right length, and the way their dishes are described leaves you wanting to order several for every course. In the event, we chose a sharing platter, which was very varied in its contents, and very lovely, followed by a duck dish, a chicken dish and a beef dish, and all were perfect.

The bill was a little high, at over £32 per person when we only had one dish each and a sharing platter, and a single bottle of their cheapest wine. However, I think that, given the quality of their food and their service, I would go back there for a second time, so long as they will agree to accept our booking.