“Nice venue”

Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nutfield
“Nice venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently for a short break. The hotel looks great from the outside and does not disappoint when inside too.
The room was big (we had a junior suite) and clean, perhaps the only thing missing was a mini fridge to keep bottles cool.
The food in the hotel was of a high standard, and the service was good.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for one in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SAW60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed here with a 1 year old for a wedding recently, and really enjoyed the stay. For us the service really made the stay. The room was nice, good size (slightly odd shape), clean and seemed to be nice and quiet. The bathroom is quite small, but functional. I found the bath a little slippy while showering, maybe a removable mat would be useful. Also the shower door did tend to let a fair bit of water splash out as it tended not to stay flush with the bath edge (room 19). These are minor issues though. Every time we needed some help, the staff were happy to oblige, from providing slightly warmed milk for my daughter to providing a tiny fridge in the room to keep some antibiotics in. I can't praise the staff highly enough.

The wedding itself was nicely handled, and the food (i assume is hotel sourced, not external caterers) was good. I have a criticism here though, the children had chicken and chips. The chips were seasoned, salty chips for children and probably not a good move! Breakfast was good, we asked for (and got) some veggie sausages, which were very nice.

The views from the hotel were lovely.

Overall we were impressed with the hotel, however I don't feel I can award 5/5, simply because it was a lightning stay and we just didn't have chance to try all the facilities

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank giraffeoftruth
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Myself my husband and our ten month old stayed here over the weekend for a Wedding. What a beautiful place! The views are absolutely picture postcard perfect. Our room was a very good size, and the travel cot provided was clean and looked brand new. The only issues we had were (and these were very minor) that the door knob fell off when we first arrived which was more amusing than annoying and that there was no digital channels on the TV. Other than that the room was perfect. The staff were courteous and extremely helpful and friendly and all the receptionists had a cuddle with our son! At the wedding reception our little boy was also well catered for and we didn't feel like were bothering the staff with his needs which you do sometimes when you go out. Just a shame the breakfast service was poor as our friends had hired a room for post wedding breakfast and we only had one waiter to serve around 20+ people. I did feel sorry for him but we had to wait over 30 mins for our Tea and Coffee and for our hot breakfast that all seemed to taste of smoked salmon! As much as we like smoked salmon it was a bit odd! What a shame. I would still definately recommend it because its such a stunning location and a real treat.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FaffyKent
Michael M, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor; it is much appreciated. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and I have passed on your very kind comments to my colleagues. I was a little disappointed that service was below expectations for breakfast and that you only had one of the team looking after your event and I will review the staffing level with my restaurant manager to prevent a recurrence. I am at a loss to explain why you felt that breakfast seemed to taste of smoked salmon; we do serve smoked Shackleford bacon as part of our breakfast but that shouldn’t have affected the other items. All in all I am pleased that you will definitely recommend the hotel to others and I do hope that you will take up the recommendation yourself and re-visit us soon.

Michael A McKay FIH
GENERAL MANAGER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012 via mobile

First confessional: we booked a deal through octopus which the hotel had no record of. They upgraded us to the Byron suite which is big, up three flights of stairs and quite Byronic. The upgrade almost certainly improved our opinion. Despite our Daughter being terrified of his painting. But staff lovely, service good and it all worked. Breakfast excellent - pool and spa good, grounds well kept, free wifi, nice public areas.

Stayed March 2012
Michael M, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on Trip Advisor; it is much appreciated. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your short visit and especially the upgrade to the Byron Suite.
I am sorry that we had no record of your reservation via Octopus unfortunately this can occur on occasion when bookings are made via third parties.
I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future; may I suggest that you check our website for your next reservation.

Michael A McKay FIH GENERAL MANAGER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and close friends for a one night getaway without the children.  We were looking for a relaxing break where we could just indulge in good food, wine and where we could take our time and relax.  We were not disappointed and left feeling throughly spoilt.

We stayed in the Shelly suite which had outstanding views over the countryside.  The room was spacious and well equipped, and included all the extras that you would expect from a hotel of this calibre.

We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon tea which was sensational.  An array of homemade delights including fruit scones, chocolate eclairs and delicate  meringues. For dinner we dined in the Cloisters restaurant.  We found the staff to be attentive and  helpful.  The meal itself was devine.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a relaxing break, with those nice extra touches.

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a view.