“Grayshott Spa is lovely!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grayshott Spa

Grayshott Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grayshott
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Grayshott Spa is lovely!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I am a regular visitor to Grayshott Spa. It is just what I want from a Spa. The pool is great. The rooms are OK. I think the best rooms are obviously in the old `manor house but the other ordinary rooms are Ok too. Spacious bedroom, small bathroom. Some of the bathrooms need a bit of attention. The lack of a mobile phone signal drives me mad! Most therapists are very good. I have had massage, facials, lymphatic stimulation, manicures and pedicures (only ok these), just about everything. The therapy rooms are all nice, if small. The spa consists of a steam room and a sauna which is a little paltry these days but adequate.

Room Tip: rooms in the Manor House are the best and most expensive!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank rosie052

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Sevenoaks District, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Grayshott is cosy and the staff so nurturing. Food excellent and makes you realize that healthy eating can be delicious. supremely comfortable beds and very quiet nights.
Leave off the make up and heels you simply wont care. The National Trust grounds are sandy and very clean in walk or jog. I feel re invigorated but not punished! My new resolutions are not too stringent and therefore achievable. But you can make a fresh start there any time and just a couple of nights can make you feel brand new.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pearlfisher
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Just returned from the "Christmas Gala Package" feeling very relaxed. Very friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Mostly very good food. The dinner portions are small but I didn't want to eat any more Good treatments-expensive but the therapists do not try to sell you stuff which is refreshing.

This is not a super- modern flash spa but I have been here twice and have come away very relaxed both times.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Beebee1964
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I was not sure what to expect, so on turning into the drive way i was a little worried about what my girlfriend had forced me into. Our bags were taken off our hands as soon as we stepped through the doors and straight away i started to relax. why? i think its down to the warm atmosphere and the welcoming Grayshott offers. All staff are very friendly and polite and go to every step to make sure you are happy. The room, well its not 5 star but my girlfriend told me "its not meant to be its a spa. warm, confortable and clean is all we need" not often right but this time she was. The room was of good size and decor was nice. At first i looked for the bath but was quickly told i never bath at home i always shower so why do i want a bath?. I had my Massage booked for the afternoon and i was dreading it, never had a massage before and was feeling rather nervous. I waited in the beverage area as told on our arrival tour for my massage. a welcoming smile called out my name and off i went. She relaxed me straight away i felt calm and relaxed and that was before she started. Oriental wisdom is what i had, it was amazing. I felt lost for about an hour after i was so relaxed. i was hooked from that point. I found myself reading through the treatment brochure thinking i could have that, that & that. one tip: book treatments in advance they had some space but to save the possible disapointment it makes sense. Dinner was very tasty, a little small but healthy and tasty. After dinner we watched a dvd in bed (both watched 20mins at max before we were fast asleep) the bed was very comfy and had a great night sleep. I was up early and headed for the morning power walk. The grounds are amazing and surrounded by national trust land. After the fast walk i then joined my girlfriend for breakfast. A massive selection and great food. My girfriend went for the mussli which i normally hate, even that tasted good. after breakfast i left the girlfriend whilst she had her treatments. I went to the gym and inspected the indoor tennis courts which look amazing. We met again for a swim and then seperated for a sauna and steam. It was already lunch time. after lunch we used the spa areas again to make the most of it. i did not want to leave. The bill was a little confusing but that is the only fault. I want to go back for longer next time, maybe with another couple so we can make sure we use all of the facilities ie, tennis and golf. We wanted to do some classes but ran out of time. Review is a little late, have been meaning to write on here for ages as i feel some reviews are very harsh.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tom38Southampton
Hindhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

Grayshott Spa offers something quite unique. The main aim of the staff appears to be to ensure that each guest feels valued and cared for. The general standard of the treatments is extremely good. Many of the therapists are highly experienced and the level of care and attention is unusually high. There seems to be a very low turnover of staff which is a great testament to the happy environment the staff have to created. The food is excellent, the beds very comfortable, and the setting is great - beautiful walks over adjoining National Trust land. I have read a few other reviews in which minor niggles have been expressed. I'd hate anyone to be put off by these - as far as I'm concerned, Grayshott's main aim is to offer a caring and personal service. This is a spa which aims to offer its guests a place in which they can escape from life and feel really looked after. Brilliant!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jane S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayshott
27.4 km away
Great Fosters
#1 of 5 in Egham
14.7 km away
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa

Been to Grayshott Spa? Share your experiences!