See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just returned home having stayed at Dove House for the last two nights and I must say I enjoyed every part of my stay there. My single room had every thing you would wont from a B&B, it was clean and very comfy. Tea and coffee, home made treats and a bottle of water. Good walking distance from the town if you do not wont to drive.
The best thing is you order your Breakfast the night before for what time you need and it's ready for you when you come down, freshly cooked full English with juice and coffee, hot and plenty of it to start your day off the right way.
Next time I am up in Farnham I would hope to be able to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wolfieCornwall
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed here to give myself a week's break from the 5-6 hour daily commute I was doing and it totally revived me! Very relaxing and quiet. Comfortable bed, clean and well equipped bedroom, lovely healthy breakfast, wireless internet. I'd definitely recommend it. Many thanks to Ros for being a great host!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank bec33
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here recently for a 1 night business stay. Before i arrived i talked to Ros and she was very helpful in accommodating me.

The venue - The venue is the proprieters house and the rooms are guest bedrooms within that house. It is very nicely decorated and very comfortable with the only downside being that you can not shake the feeling that you are staying in somebody elses home (although when i asked if i could have a food delivery made Ros kindly agreed instantly)

The food - Breakfast is a real credit to this place. you have to order the night before on a card (which i feel would work better if it were placed in a pre agreed position rather than feel like you are disturbing the owner by handing it in (not her fault but my perception). When you go down at a pre agreed time you are greeted with a wonderful array of wuality products and cooking. Lovely meal and you will certainly not go hungry.

The price - I stay in many travelodges and other hotels on my travels and all are nice enough. this B&B was very cosy, welcoming and comfy. I tend to pay around £40-£60 per night and i paid £40 here. in comparison this place is triumphant.

Overall - A lovely place and perfect for an overnight stay. The bathroom is shared so a downside and i could not shake the feeling of restriction due to the close proximity of Ros' personal residence but this is not the way that Ros makes you feel but more of a preconception that would be with most of us.

I would certainly recommend

Room Tip: I stayed in the £40 room and was fine for my purpose - Double bed, home made cookie and tea and coffee.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Murphy4487
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I'll come straight to the point - do not stay here. If I pay to stay somewhere I have two minimum requirements - cleanliness and some warm hospitality. I was surprised to discover my room was not an ensuite. So I was sharing the bathroom with other guests, BUT, if seeing curled hairs in the shower or on the soap bar doesn't put you off, or congealed urine on the toilet seat is your thing then book a room here. My room was seriously cold and dusty- the alarm clock looked as if it hadn't been dusted for a month. The same could be said for the bedroom mirror - surely if you want to have guests these are pretty basic things to get right. Oh, and did I mention some fluff in the tea cup? But the worse thing was, was the cold. It was around 3C and my room was cold. I did mention this to the hosts but apparently it doesn't get any warmer. So I had three blankets to keep me warm. Also, you need to specify what you want for breakfast the night before, which I find odd. And this is when I felt the b and b to be run at the convenience of the hosts and not as a service for the guests. Why I'm not able to let them know in the morning, I do not know. The breakfast itself was fine, even if, I felt, served a little hurriedly. I just got the feeling they wanted to boot me out as soon as they could. If you want somewhere to stay that's clean, warm, welcoming don't come here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Here-and-there100
DoveHouse, Owner at Dove House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

It is always helpful to have reviews from guests and I appreciate it when they take the time to do so. It is a shame however, when a guest chooses to write such an unfair review, and neglects to report some aspects of their stay that might be considered positive, so feel I must have a right of reply.
I am very sorry this guest did not enjoy her stay. She had problems finding Dove House, although it was not far from her place of work, and so I was happy to drive to the local station to collect her, so save her more walking in an unfamiliar place. I was also very happy to microwave a meal she brought with her and supplied her with plate and cutlery.
The heating was on and the house felt warm, but this guest said she felt cold and admitted to me that she often felt cold, and I helped her find the extra counterpane in her bedroom. Although I usually serve breakfasts between 6.30 and 8.00am, she wanted breakfast at 8.30 and I agreed to this. I never hurry guests over breakfast, as I like them to take their time and not to feel rushed. She left the house at approximately 9.40am, a time of her choosing.
Both rooms and the bathroom are cleaned daily, and I cannot agree with her comments on the the cleanliness. That night she was the only guest and so did not have to share the bathroom.
This guest did not have the means to pay me when she left, and so I agreed to go to her place of work later in the day to collect payment once she had been to the bank.
I think I was helpful and I tried to make her comfortable and welcome, as I do for all my guests, many of whom return often to stay at Dove House.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Ive stayed here on a number of occasions now for work, and have also tried other places in Farnham. I have to say that this is the best in the area and offers very good value for money. Both bedrooms are very pleasant, and as a bonus, have good books and pictures, and no frilly floral valances or china ladies in sight. Breakfast is delicious, with excellent coffee. Ros always welcoming, and, when I left my phone charger at her place, brought it into my workplace for me ... I recommend Dove House!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business