“I Can not believe that people are paying for rooms like this when it is a bed and breakfast and should not be called a H”

Normanton Park Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Croydon
Normanton Park Hotel
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 7 March 2015 via mobile

I Was put in to this so called Hotel by Croydon Council when I was homeless it was not that great then back in 1997 I did not have a choice back then but I can not see how people are paying for rooms like that when they have a choice it just shows you that you get what you pay for I would not stay there out of choice and pay good money for the privilege it is a place that Croydon Council send you before they give you a flat

• Stayed: April 2014
6  Thank Eric B
There are newer reviews for Normanton Park Hotel

Reviewed 18 January 2015

Initially booked two nights , upon meeting the owner I did find him pleasant , he kindly gave me the on suite room at no extra cost which I thought was a kind gesture.

The owner did show me the room and left me to it.

I had plans to see some family this evening and went out and returned late in evening.

Upon the room being extremely cold there was a portable heater to heat up the entire room no other heating was on.

Upon entering the bed (pulling the quilt back) I noticed bits in the bed and on pillows , it was that cold I didn't bother having a shower I slept in my clothes and had my own bath gown on and socks to try and keep warm.

I checked out the following morning and left a not for the owner for a refund of the second night.

I went back to the hotel in the afternoon for my second nights refund the owner was reluctant to give the full amount then said as a good will gesture he would provide a full refund.

He was not happy with the note I wrote explaining the room was cold and I just could not stay any longer he got a little irate and asked me to wait whilst he wrote the receipt out then I left.

The breakfast is stated on the website but I didn't get to try this or get asked.

I would never stay here again

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank dspark2015
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel. When we first walked in we wanted to walk straight back out but, we thought we mite aswell look at the room. The room was okay, there is a lot of strange people here so we got ready went out we got back rather late tried to go straight to sleep then had someone who LIVES here trying to clime thought our window at 3am in the morning. I have never been so scared in my life will never come here ever again and I not sure how the place is still open.

• Stayed: June 2014
14  Thank LeanneKeiron
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked 2 rooms for colleauges who refused to stay due to the rooms being filthy. they wont speak to us about a refund now...........rooms were dirty, no showering facilities. Would NOT recommend this to anybody ever.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
11  Thank Sharon J
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I went to stay here and after looking at the room I ran as fast as I could. This place is disgusting. I wouldn't stay here if it was the last place on earth. The staff are dirty and rude and it is definitely NOT as described on the website

• Stayed: April 2014