“sociallly unacceptable”

Normanton Park Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Croydon
Normanton Park Hotel
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Please do not be foolish enough to consider this a hotel. The reason why Croydon Council have done nothing is that they have contracted most of the rooms here for the dossers of Croydon, mostly alcoholics and IVDUs. Friendly I am sure if you have nothing better to do than sit around and tolk crap to mostly unfortunate or even inadequate people.

Room Tip: stay away at all costs
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank jacob j

Reviewed 5 May 2012

My colleges and I were booked into this building for the week.

I say building, as there is no way on this earth it could be described as a hotel!
As we approached the building the Sat Nav chirped up “you have reached your destination”
The time was 7:00pm.

We looked at it and wondered where the scaffolding was, as it looked in a derelict state.

We pulled up and left our bags in the van, we entered what could only be described as a time capsule that had not been cleaned in years, the same can also be said for Mr Pocock, the person whose name we were told we would me meeting. Without wanting to sound to offensive, I have seen cleaner tramps.

We asked if we could view the rooms before check in, he gleefully showed us to our rooms, this was a big mistake.

The first room was horrible, the “en suite” was just as bad, I said to my colleges, that the loo could have done with a clean, then realised it was in fact a bidet!

We moved on to the second room, walked in and it was just as bad, then Mr Pocock got a little excited when he said “there is a lovely view from this window”, there might have been if we could have seen through the years of dirt etched into the glass.

As we left the building, 4 other lads had turned up and asked what it was like?
We told them what had befallen our eyes.

They did not bother going in, and like us drove to the top of the road to make some phone calls to try and arrange alternate accommodation for the night.

We got lucky, as our MD told us to find alternate accommodation and it would be paid for on the company credit card.

If anyone has the misfortune to be booked into this building, and can’t find alternate accommodation. Do yourselves a favour and sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Do not even think about it
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
13  Thank andrewmww
Reviewed 4 May 2012

It is a nice, friendly place where people are prepared to listen to your needs.
It is full of charater, easy going where you can come and go without any fuss.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Dean H
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I didn't check out the hotel for reviews before I booked, so more fool me. If you've read the reviews and you stay in this hovel, then you only have yourself to blame.

This is the smelliest and most disgusting place I've ever stayed at. Squalid would be praise. If my wife had been with me, I'd have had no choice but to find an alternative room. I was there on business the afternoon of my stay and travelling home in the morning. I wouldn't have felt confident in going into a meeting after staying at the Normanton.

Stay away.

Room Tip: Find one in a different hotel to the Normanton.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We were foolishly booked into this place by our company, upon arriving the building was verging on derelict. After 15 mins waiting for someone to check us in, it then took another 20 mins of total confusion for Mr. peacock to work out who we were. As we were taken to our room all the carpets were thread bare, even on the stairs! The room stank, had lino floors and a very dirty looking sink in the corner. I didn't even want to look at the bedding! The toilets were tiny, smelly and extremely dirty, and the lock was so rusty you couldn't lock it. The bath was even worse, holes fixed with fibre glass and not even smoothed off properly and a sign to say do not open windows due to wasps! We contacted our company and told them we refused point blank to stay there! I've been to trouble hot spots round the world in the forces and this has to be the worse place i've ever seen!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business