“Great variety of good food and friendly attentive staff”
Review of Crown and Cushion

Crown and Cushion
Ranked #4 of 128 Restaurants in Camberley
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At the Crown and Cushion we are proud to serve fantastic food and drink; classic pub food or specials to rival any restaurant, all freshly prepared! On Sundays, you can choose a Sunday Lunch in our pub, or a superb carvery in our magnificent Meade Hall. Roaring log fires in winter, cricket on the green in summer!
Reviewed 29 November 2017

A mixture of rustic and modern, newly refurbished. Ribs, courgette fritters, liver bacon with mash and Caesar salad all very tasty and nicely presented. Large extension but with a cosy feel due to the decor. The staff were lovely and knowledgeable about the dishes. Will definitely go again.

Barons D, General Manager at Crown and Cushion, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thanks Karen! Great to hear that you like what we've done with the pub and enjoyed choosing from the new menu. We look forward to welcoming you again soon :0)

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

What a difference a refurbishment can make. Excellent look and great thought put into the layout. The opening was great, staff very good as was the food. Good choice of lagers and beers. Very comfortable surroundings with plenty of space for private dining. I have been to the Crown and Cushion a number of times previously and will certainly go there more often following the refurb.

Barons D, General Manager at Crown and Cushion, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

That's great to hear! Thanks for your lovely feedback Mark and look forward to welcoming you again soon :-)

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Went there tonight with my husband and daughter. Husband had monkfish recommended by Laura, very spicy but he loved it, I had steak which was cooked to perfection, daughter had the burger. Gorgeous setting,open fire and very festive. Cannot fault the service,five star. The staff were very attentive, especially Shelby and Emma. Would totally recommend

Barons D, Customer Relations Manager at Crown and Cushion, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Angela,
Many thanks for posting this excellent review, I'm so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and how well looked after by the team you were. I have passed on your lovely comments to them all and we hope to see you again soon :-)

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I visited recently
The Pub itself is currently undergoing a refurbishment
all customers are directed to Meade Hall an adjacent building
Meade Hall itself oozes character but the staff are uninterested and the selection of ales are terrible
There is no indication when the pub will reopen?
£3.85 for a glass of Coca Cola is astonishing
This used to be a nice and memorable place to visit
Perhaps their website could show some indication of when it reopens?

Barons D, Customer Relations Manager at Crown and Cushion, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

I am so sorry to hear about your disappointing visit to the Crown & Cushion and would really appreciate the chance to discuss the matter with you personally. Please can you email me a contact telephone number and let me know the best times to call and I will call you at your convenience? My email address is: debbie.eke@baronspubs.com
Many thanks in anticipation, I hope to speak to you soon.
The pub reopens in the evening of Tues 28th November, we are now able to confirm this and are advertising the fact widely on our website and on social media.
Kind regards
Debbie Eke
Customer Relations Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I hired the Meade Hall for a special birthday celebration last weekend. I couldn't fault the service. The events team were in regular contact before the event to make sure everything would be as I wanted it. I then left decorations with them on the morning of the event and everything was all done when we got there in the evening (and they cleared it all up afterwards!). All the staff were attentive and friendly and I had positive feedback from guests about the food.The atmosphere was perfect for the Wild West theme of the party and everyone had a great night. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a party venue.

Barons D, General Manager at Crown and Cushion, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thanks so much for this great feedback! We're delighted to have helped make your birthday party so special. Thanks for recommending us and we hope to see you again soon :0)