“Going Down Hill”

and up
Drayton Manor Theme Park Admission Ticket
Ranked #7 of 37 things to do in Tamworth
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We went to the park as a family of four on the 5th April 2018 only to find that most of the rides were closed ! what a disappointment, strange they don't advise you when you are booking tickets on line ?
Another big problem we had we were in a traffic jam waiting to get into the car park for 1/2 Hour.
The food is also a rip off £2.45 for a sausage roll !
I have been to this park many time but this will be our last.

1  Thank Peter D
DraytonManorP, Manager at Drayton Manor Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that you and your family didn't enjoy your recent trip to us at Drayton Manor Park. Any ride closures are advertised on our home and ride pages on our website, this is updated daily, throughout the day and can be checked by guests at anytime.

We hope that you do return to us in the future.

DMP

Write a ReviewReviews (5,762)
All reviews
in 58 reviews
"the grill"
in 81 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My family had decided to visit and wanted a day here. This was a three hour journey door to postal code but in arrival the park itself has one lane traffic which made it a little frustrating.

Then on arrival all gates show an eticket sign. Having being messed about, sent from pillar to post to try obtain tickets online as have a discount facility we were unsuccessful. As family had paid we decided to try book online. Unable to do so.
Then on arrival explained to be told I pay full (£68) for me and a 4 year old by one week. I explained having arrived and being in the car questions to get in for an hour stressful. Then we were just under 80mins in a queue to pay and the price I felt was ridiculous given time of year, the efforts made to book prior at reduced rate!!! At the amount of rides closed also.

I asked to speak to a manager who I have to say was sadly very patronising, extremely argumentative and dismissive. We enjoyed the park and some staff very friendly but was all overshadowed by the poor service from management and customer services who as others state soon as have cash honestly don't care and don't strive to show you an form of respect.

2  Thank chellegg

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your recent visit. During our busy periods of time we do experience queues, however, our staff work hard to ensure that the queues are kept down whilst seeing to all our guests needs appropriately. We are sorry that this was not the case in your situation.
If you would like to take any comments you have made further please contact our guest services team guestservices@draytonmanor.co.uk.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We arrived at 9.30 enabling us to park close to the entrance (fantastic for tired legs at the end of the day). There was no queuing to enter and we headed straight to the zoo (rides do not open till half 10). The zoo has a whole range of animals and we enjoyed watching the keepers feed the tigers. We spent nearly 2 hours just exploring the zoo. My 2 year old loved stomping round the dinosaur section, roaring at the dinosaurs with my 8 year old reading the facts and responding to the quiz section. Don't forget to visit the Thomas exhibition at the back of the park it is a real gem and quite calm from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the theme park. Thomas Land is amazing for young children but we did have to queue for every ride. The soft play area is easy to miss but lovely. My girls enjoyed the hourly fat controller show.There are lots of shops and food outlets around the park and balloon sellers around Thomas land. Winston's Whistle-stop tour ride brings you out in a big Thomas shop. I recommend buying your tickets online for the best deal, they also do food deals during school holidays.

Hi there,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to hear that you and your family have a great time visiting us at Dayton Manor Park. It is great that you specifically enjoyed seeing Thomas Land, Thomas Land Exhibition and Zoo.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is brilliant for families, great location the food was excellent especially breakfast!! The staff were friendly and helpful my little girl left her blanket in the room when I got home I emailed the hotel and asked if they had found it the hotel replied within an hour saying yes and they will send it in the post I received it the next day and they didn't ask for any payment so thank you very much to the staff!!!. Definitely will return to this hotel

DraytonManorP, Manager at Drayton Manor Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your amazing review. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit to Drayton Manor Park and stay at Drayton Manor Hotel. We are happy that our staff made your experience even more enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you soon.