The Pretty Pigs Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery
Ranked #127 of 174 Restaurants in Tamworth
Price range: USD 9 - USD 20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery we’re a friendly bunch and pride ourselves on giving the warmest of welcomes. So when you pop over to our place, whether it’s to catch up with friends over a refreshing drink or because you just can’t be bothered to cook, we hope you’ll find it like a home from home – without the washing up! We’ve something for all the family - from freshly carved, slow cooked roasts, stonebaked pizzas made from 100% fresh dough, tasty pub classics like hand battered fish, plus a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Average burger but the chips were nice. Children’s chicken nuggets and pasta looked and tasted like they were microwaved and not freshly prepared on site.

The roast looked dry and the veg looked like mush which is why we’re ordered alternatives.

The staff were great though and the venue was ok. Male toilets were flooded so not very nice taking two young children in there.

5 drinks, 2 children and 1 adult main was £27 so cant really complain but we won’t be returning soon as there’s better places around.

General Manager A, Manager at The Pretty Pigs Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review I will ensure your comments are feedback to the team.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Had an evening here 1st April. The carvery was excellent and plentiful, loads of selection of meat and veg.

The salad bar for the children was also a great choice and great value.

The staff were all helpful and friendly.

Would highly recommend this place.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I will ensure your comments are feedback to the team. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I haven't been to this restaurant in years but due to member of family booking we went today. My sister in Law booked a table for 14 at 3pm. We arrived at the venue and waited for the server to place us. The manager came up to us very apologetic to say that there computer system had over booked us and would we mind either waiting at the bar or sitting outside as all the table were in use. We decided to stay at the bar as it was very cold outside. My sister in Law about an 30 minutes later was asked to go with the manager to the sitting area where she was asked if we minded sitting apart due to the time and the fact we had children we agreed. We sat down we them went to the bar as there was no one doing table service even though we was told we would get discount for the inconvenience.
We all went for carvery and I have to say from the server to the meal was really good. I had a roast beef dinner and it was delightful. At the end of the meal we decoded we would have deserts after seeing a waitress taking table orders for desserts we decided to order desserts at the table.sp they would all come at the same time. We asked the waitress several times if we could order desserts but no order was taken. My step father went up to the servicing desk to order and asked if the waitress would come and take our order. She apologised then two other servers came along and they had a full blown conversation for about 15 minutes some of the table then went over to order desserts separately as they needed to go. The server then came over to the table and took the rest of the order which she said I hope I remember these but didn't write them down. She then started clearing up our table from them mains she looked under pressure but the two other servers stood and polished cutlery. The tables were dirty and the one server taking the order was rushed so I didn't understand why they didn't help just clear and wipe tables. Our desserts came out and we was either an soup spoon or a sundae spoon which I think was silly considering I and most of the table was eating spong desserts. One of the child's desserts were missing which when we asked the servers reaction was so ridiculous and over the top. She didn't apologised she walked off saying very loudly oh I forgot I can't believe it I'm so stupid.

We left with no discount the manager said bye from behind the bar though. The food was good shame about the poor service.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I'm sorry for the issues that occurred on your visit, I will investigate the matter you have brought to my attention and retrain with team to ensure these issue are avoided in the future. If you would like to discuss your visit further please contact us on 0182763129.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Took my mother for a carvery not much choice of veg roast potatoes were hard and looked and tasted like warm ups staff are lovely it’s such a shame the food lets them down

General Manager A, Manager at The Pretty Pigs Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we will look into issues outline, please get in touch on 0182763129 if you wish to discuss your visit further.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

The breakfast was really nice can not complain Lennie on the bar was really polite and Ella on the floor collected our plate as soon as we was done and asked if it was okay. Overall it was excellent and would recommend to a friend

general manager A, Manager at The Pretty Pigs Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review happy to hear you enjoyed your visit, see you again soon.