See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2020

Last minute cheap booking. Only paid £35 and you definitely get what you pay for.
The bed had some horrible mystery stains, the spare blanket also had yellow stains on.
The draws fell out, the kettle was filled with black bits, the extractor fan sounded broke and the shower took at least 10 minutes to warm up.
Had a ground floor room and you could hear and smell people smoking outside the window.
Rooms aren’t very sound proof and if I was staying here on my own as a lone female I wouldn’t feel safe.

The only positive was the location which was in the centre.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2020

Booked a cheap a cheerful room for the night. Told the heating was bust so they only had a room in the 1970s decrepit block in the car park. Took it as we were exhausted and had little choice that late in the day. Took phone calls and hassle and daft excuses to finally get the small refund that had been promised, weeks later. Then a month later get a vile parking charge notice with threats of court action etc etc if not paid . . . .called the hotel and they said there was nothing they would do, despite me doing exactly what I was told at the time and logging our registration number on the hotel computer as soon as we arrived. Utter incompetence with systems that just don’t work. What a shame such a grand old hotel as ended up like this.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Jarkong
Reviewed 20 January 2020

Stayed for a weekend with my partner.
Very happy with our stay, building has lots of character and the staff were very helpful.
We had lunch which we were again very pleased with.
Would definitely recommend and will be back.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephanietT8846OG
Reviewed 18 January 2020

Booked one of their meeting rooms for a business meeting. Whilst the room was ok but no projector (knew this when we booked). The food and coffee and service was fine. The after service was awful. We used the hotel car park, followed the requirements but have then all been fined. Response from the hotel manager, not my problem call the car park company.Problems happen but its how they are dealt with is what matters.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Binbonn007
Reviewed 29 November 2019

When you arrive to check in at a hotel and the friendly staff ask you for a deposit of £100 and hand you the remote for your tv over the counter, you can’t help but think, why the distrust, was the hotel full of criminals? It is something that I had never experienced in all the hundreds of hotels I had visited in my life.
The room cost £47 for a double so my hopes weren’t high in the first place, but I have had lovely accommodation for that price in the past.
First of all the good points. The staff were lovely, the room was warm, the shower worked and there was a bed.
Now the not so good:
I turned on the bathroom light. The fan came on. It sounded like someone was banging a nail in the wall. I took a shower. Soaking wet I hunted the room for a towel. No towels. I dried myself on the blanket in the wardrobe. I brushed my teeth with the water which was already running from the tap. I couldn’t turn the tap off. I tried to turn on the tv, which was the size of a large ipad. The remote I was given didn’t work. I tried to find the wifi for my phone. No wifi. I lay down on the bed ( no mattress cover ) with its minimal sheets which I couldn’t bring myself to crawl between. I covered myself with the now slightly damp blanket from the cupboard and listened to the dulcet tones of the running tap, whilst counting the number of cobwebs hanging from the ceiling.
I awoke the next morning after minimal sleep and pulled back the curtains to reveal my beautiful view of a brick wall, from floor to ceiling. I left my room thinking that if I had purchased all of its contents , I would probably still get change from my £100. I am still awaiting my refund.
Note to self: Always read trip advisor reviews before checking in to a hotel.

Date of stay: November 2019