Stone House Hotel
USD 74
Priceline
  • Restaurant
USD 100
Highfields Farm Bed and Breakfast(Stone)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Stafford M6(Stone)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
USD 77
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsbridal suitepool and saunaaston marinaleisure facilitiesblack puddingsunday lunchthe ground floorafternoon teafriendly hotelbreakfast was excellentfour poster bedan evening mealstaff were helpfulalton towersa lovely stayfull englishgood nights sleep
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I travel to the Stoke area for work a couple of weekends a year. I wasn't able to get a room where we normally stay and chose this hotel as an alternative. We were attracted by it having a pool. All was fine initially although during the first night (Friday) I did notice that you could hear quite clearly what people were doing or saying in the surrounding rooms but this didn't cause a problem on that first evening. Bed was hard. I used the leisure club the next morning and this was fine, it's a small pool and gym but perfectly adequate. Changing area was a bit grotty but nothing major.

It was on Saturday evening that we had our problems. First, my sister arrived separately to me and wasn't able to access the room, bring told that reception didn't have another key. They do use traditional keys rather than keycards but I struggle to believe they didn't have the means to allow the second guest to access the room.

We went out for dinner on Saturday night prior to an early start on Sunday morning for work. On our return at 10.30pm we were greeted by a wedding party in full swing. Our room was in the mid section of the hotel, so not right by the bar/function room area but not at the far end either. The noise was pretty extreme but we thought it would be ok once back in our room. This was not the case. In fact at around 11.15pm it got significantly louder, just as we were going to bed. I called reception repeatedly to ask if anything could be done and find out how long the music would go on for. There was no response so I went down, to find reception in-manned and a phone to call the night porter. I did this and spoke to him and later the duty manager. Both apologised but were entirely unhelpful in doing anything about the noise (we asked could it be turned down, had perhaps a door been opened to account for the increase in volume etc) and it was clear they weren't at all bothered by our plight. We were told that the licence was until 1am and that was that. Now, I fully understand that venues such as these make their money on these kind of events, however they have a duty to all customers and when the level of noise is so extreme as was here (louder and more disruptive than any other time I've stayed in a hotel where they have this kind of function on) they need to either inform people in advance and offer them rooms away from the centre of the noise, or the chance to cancel, or they need to strike a balance to keep the music at a sensible level so that patrons of the hotel have a chance of sleeping.
Equally disappointingly, I spoke to the person on reception the next day and left a card with contact details on it asking the manager to call me to discuss our stay and what could be done to compensate the very poor night's sleep we had had. I gave them until Tuesday to contact me but no contact has been made. This is surely a very poor example of customer service.
I won't be giving this hotel another go and would suggest othes check with the hotel as to what functions they may have booked in, prior to staying here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
GM333, Guest Relations Manager at Stone House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us here at the Stone House Hotel.

If you would like to contact the hotel on 01785 815531 or generalmanager@lehost-stonehouse.com and we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

went here on a unplanned visit for lunch after visiting the cemetery across the road. Last time we went over a year ago you could take dogs but alas you no longer can. We were unaware of this so we had our dog with us so asked if we could sit in the seating area outside.This was very shabby and in need of complete refurbishment and the garden was in need of a major makeover but it was sunny we decided to stay . We managed to find one parasol and sat at a table in the corner . We ordered our food and waited about 13 minutes for the starter to arrive but it was worth the wait my Prawns in a batter were fabulous .my Mother in law had a shish kebab but this needed a little bit more spice but was still nice. The mains arrived about 10 mins after we had finished our starter and I had the cottage cheese burger this was nice but could have done with a little bit longer to cook as it fell apart a bit to easy and was hard to eat. The wine was £6 for a large glass so about average for this kind of place. The dessert Creme brulee was to die for and I could have eaten 2 or 3 of them .The staff were fantastic very friendly and helpful (fetched water for the dog in a tray and was Happy and talkative. The outside area is not as pictured but as I say rather untidy ,If tidied up this area would be much more pleasant to sit in and have a drink or two.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit her at the Stone House Hotel. The gardens have just been refurbished and we are just in the process of having the external walls redecorated too. Unfortunately we no longer allow dogs to stay in the rooms but we are more than happy for guests to bring their dogs into the garden area`s.

We hope to see you again soon .

Reviewed 7 May 2018

room nice, bed was like concrete, double room with the wife, but had to share tea cup, fan in bathroom took forever to go off, so very restless night, buffet breakfast nice but only egg option was scrambled, nice pool and small gym, friendly young staff

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GM333, Guest Relations Manager at Stone House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your recents stay with us here at the hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and the issues stated have now been dealt with.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic weekend, great place, great location. Very happy with all services. The food was great. Had the whole hotel to ourselves. Very reasonable prices. We went as a large group of friends and family and every single person had an amazing time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your weekend stay here with us at the Stone House Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My self with family have been in this hotel on 28/04/2018 as part of Piravom Sangamam. I really appreciate the management and the staff for giving maximum comfort to the guests. Rooms were very good. Staff are friendly and they worked hard to give maximum satisfaction to the clients. The program hall, Swimming pool were very good. May I take this opportunity to congratulate Mr.Gijo Corappillil for his great efforts to give maximum satisfaction to the clients. I will recommend this hotel those who want to stay in stock-on-Trent.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

We look forward to seeing you again soon.