All reviews aston marina sunday lunch pool and sauna leisure facilities garden room black pudding bar menu the ground floor breakfast was excellent friendly hotel an evening meal a lovely stay alton towers town centre full english good nights sleep wedding
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Clean and comfortable room and bed, nice bathroom looks like new possibly updated recently.
decent WIFI coverage, top breakfast and decent bar selection.
Blonde 20 something reception lad in the wrong job, he was miserable, unwelcoming and arrogant....not the type of personality you should have on first impression on check in.
on my stay hotel seemed very understaffed as most of the time there was nobody to be seen at the bar or reception MOST of the time week ending 13/4/18.....either everyone was off sick or they are very understaffed

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank gazwd
GM333, Guest Relations Manager at Stone House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us here at the Stone House Hotel.

If you would like to contact the hotel on 01785 815531 or generalmanager@lehost-stonehouse.com and we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

This was the second time I have stayed here and I was in the same room - with a refurbished bathroom - well done!

I had to walk from the train station as there were no taxis available so I was bit grumpy when I arrived. However, the friendly young woman on reception was charming and I was made to feel very welcome.

It might be an idea to clean up the tables in the bar a little more regularly and even have some crisps in the bar for the late night munchies.

That being said, I had a lovely 4-day stay and slept vey well. I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
GM333, Guest Relations Manager at Stone House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your second stay with us here at the Stone House Hotel .

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Gosh where do I start.....

So I booked this hotel through booking.com and the only reason I chose this over a hotel closer to Alton towers is because of the pool (it's a 35 mins drive through winding country roads).

On arrival the reception was deserted. Despite us saying we would be arriving between a certain time (and we did actually!), there was nobody there meaning I had to wander through the hotel looking for a member of staff so that I could check in. I found the receptionist behind the bar with another member of staff. Check in was actually really straight forward. We had already paid so got our room key and headed to the room.

The room was absolutely roasting hot that I had to turn off the radiator. We got changed and made our way to the pool. Though we had no idea where we were going. It wasn't obvious at all and there were no signs that I could see nor were we told at check in. We found it but again it was deserted. There was no one at the gym/pool reception and actually didn't realise we had to sign in until another family came in and we saw them signing in. The pool was lovely and warm but much smaller than the photos and the amount of chlorine in it made our eyes sting. We only used it for about 45 mins and then got out. We didn't use the gym but from what I saw it seemed well equipped if somewhat small and seperated between two rooms.

I had a dinner that night and once again waited at the entrance to the restaurant. Nobody there. Went to the bar. Had to ring the bell. She seemed put out that I wanted to eat at a table and not in the bar. I would have eaten in the bar if the tables were higher to be fair. I chose the roast pork with crackling (there was no crackling!). It was actually very nice. Though the roast potatoes tasted like they'd been put through the microwave like your mum used to make you do. And the room was roasting that even the poor member of staff looked hot. She opened the back doors to give some light relief from the sauna I was sitting in.

Our room was clean and well presented. I thought that I'd be sharing my bed with my 12 year old but a bed had been made up for him meaning I got the double to myself. Thank you for doing this, it wasn't expected. There were tea and coffee making facilities and all your usual hotel bits hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tv and plenty of plug sockets as well as big bottles of shower gel etc to use.

When I got into bed that night having been up since 4am I was disheartened to find that there was a huge dip on one side of the bed that I kept rolling into. Probably THE most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in. I could feel the springs of the bed and had a very restless two nights.

Breakfast on our first morning was a pleasure. Good selection of continental and full English breakfast. Really nice helpful staff. The food was good. The dining area clean and generally just a good experience. Our second morning was utter chaos. We had to ask for juices and milk to be refilled, there was only one choice of bread for toast. The tables were dirty. Could have really done with an extra member of staff to just clear down the tables to make it look more presentable. Though we didn't wait long at all for our hot food so there's the positive in that.

Check out was simple and straight forward.

Overall I wouldn't stay here again. For what I paid for I could have stayed at the premier inn because I would have been guaranteed a decent nights sleep. And yes I could have said something that night but my feeling on my arrival night was that the staff didn't care. So what would have been the point. Reading back on the reviews today I can see that the management team wouldn't have been that bothered either. They haven't even responded to any of the negative reviews. And it would have been one star but the food brought it back a little.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Start to finish totally waste of time from dust on four poster lack of towels poor servers at breakfast waited 20 minutes to be given cups to drink the pot of coffee as table not laid out for breakfast complain to reception staff told manager who call/email me still waiting also food being served to rooms not covered not good food hygiene

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John M

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We've just returned from a 3 night stay here.
We had booked the bridal suite as it had a separate living space to the bedroom (makes life easier at bedtime with a 3 year old!).
Upon arrival we were given a standard double room without being informed of this. The room had not been hoovered and the bathroom did not look particularly clean. When we enquired about why we did not have the room we had booked, we were told that there had been damages to the room and we would be moved to a larger room the next day.
The next day we were moved into the bridal suite. It was a good size with a small but newer bathroom. However, again, the room clearly had not been hoovered, there were cobwebs on the walls and ceilings, stains on the couch and even the cups and spoons for the tea/coffee facilities were stained. The bathroom suite itself was relatively clean but the tiles on the floor and wall had stains and hair on it. When I reported to reception that neither rooms has been hoovered, there was no apology but only told that housekeeping visits everyday.

The breakfast was mediocre. Staff were polite and helpful but food was dry and tough.

The pool was much smaller than in the photos but it was adequate and nice and warm for our little one. Towels were not provided and the changing rooms weren't very pleasant.

Location wise, it's just off a dual carriageway (although we couldn't hear any traffic noise). There is an Aldi up the road and the town centre is about 5 minutes drive. I imagine it would be difficult to get around without a car.

All in all, we would not return here. We often stay in 3 star hotels and therefore expect decor etc to be a bit dated but there is no excuse for such a poor standard of cleanliness.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family