Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
All reviews family room service area arrived quite late budget hotel service station beds were comfortable an overnight stay lovely staff motorway roadchef noise refurb
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2020

Staff were lovely that's all I can say... Tatty room, dirty carpets rips in lampshades... Very soft beds noisy must be thin walls could hear the extractor going all evening next door, bring ear plugs! wouldn't use again...

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Daysinn Stafford, Guest Services / Front Office at Days Inn by Wyndham Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into the issues you experienced with the room.

Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights, check in was very easy, very nice receptionist Lovely clean hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful, i really enjoyed my stay here and will most definitely be visiting again ❤️

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daysinn Stafford, Guest Services / Front Office at Days Inn by Wyndham Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Thank you for your review. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Where to start, came late as we was driving for hours easy check in went straight to room , got to the room the smell of cigarettes was enough to knock you out , there was some kind mattress rolled up on the floor ( must be for the couch) which did not need to be there & just looked a mess while looking down there seems to be some stains on the floor which I wouldn’t even like to know what that is ...
the bathroom was filthy looked like it’s never been wiped over in the days it’s been here as there was toothpaste around the sink & also a lot of run marks below it , bath was that bad me or my partner would have a shower as it looked like you could come out dirtier then when getting in ; the room itself was just terrible filthy , smelly and looks like it’s gonna be haunted LOL
Woke up to a new friend though 2 very very large spiders one in the bathroom and one on the desk ..

would I stay here again ?ABSOLUTELY NOT I wouldn’t even tell my worse enemy to come here the only thing what would help this hotel would be a CLOSED sign on the door

Me and my partner just couldn’t wait to leave but when you pay for a room NO MATTER THE PRICE you expect it to be a clean room for the least ...

1  Thank JS34B
Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

Lovley little stay.
freindly staff whom went out there way to help.

clean room and bathroom. all we needed for the 2 night stay.

There were signage up for the wearing of masks.
covid freindly hotel. highly recommend

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daysinn Stafford, Guest Services / Front Office at Days Inn by Wyndham Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2020

Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

We booked this place for three nights as we were spending the weekend at Alton towers . When we arrived I had to double check we were at the right place as the smell would suggest we had arrived at a stoners drug den. Not a great start, we then got to our room which had obviously been deep cleaned during the current pandemic we are in . Feeling a bit peckish after the long journey or maybe it was I had the munchies from the smell of weed I couldn’t believe our luck the cleaners had kindly left behind the last guests left over McDonald’s. So quite clearly not cleaned .
We were nicely located next to the boiler room which quite frankly sounded like a jumbo jet taking off every 5 minutes but that noise was nothing compared to our second night when the whole family was woken up by the fire alarm wailing which I can only assume rob Marley down the hall was having another joint at 4am or a previous guest was trying to do the world a favour and burn this place down. The staff are something else they are literally like something out of the wrong turn snarling at people as they go by. I dare say this place would be a great retreat for anyone into such illegal substances but if not then I’d suggest looking elsewhere .
From now on when I can’t sleep I no longer count sheep I count my blessings that I will never stay here again

1  Thank jaytM1932QA
Daysinn Stafford, Guest Services / Front Office at Days Inn by Wyndham Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2020

Dear Jay T,

Thank you for your recent review. I am very sorry to hear you had anything other than a fantastic stay with us - we pride ourselves on offering clean, comfy rooms alongside excellent customer service. As a lot of reviews on TripAdvisor will attest to, we achieve these high standards in the vast majority of cases, but I am genuinely sorry if we fell short of your expectations on this occasion. Whilst cleanliness has always been a very high priority, our 'Count on Us' programme has been initiated recently to put the safety of guests first and all rooms undergo enhanced cleaning and sanitisation practices, as well as being routinely deep cleaned. Our onsite McDonalds is very popular though, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies if our housekeeping team have missed some stray fries from a previous guest. I am also sorry if the behaviour of other guests also impacted your stay. We operate a strict no smoking policy in all our rooms, but unfortunately there are isolated occasions when other guests are less considerate than we would want them to be, resulting in possible unwanted odours or the activation of fire alarms. Needless to say, we treat these cases incredibly seriously and any affected rooms are cleaned and treated appropriately ready for future guests, with fines and cleaning charges levied against any guest who chooses to act in that manner. I do hope we can welcome you back to Days Inn Stafford in the future to experience the sort of stay that would warrant a 5 star response similar to those of other guests who have stayed with us recently.

Kind Regards,