Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
CheapTickets
All reviews hot tub spa break lovely spa elemis products welcome drink outdoor pool flip flops an overnight stay master suite heated loungers birthday treat deep tissue massage spa staff afternoon tea lovely evening only gripe following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2020 via mobile

Just amazing! Came here with my partner for a break away for an evening. Upon arrival we were given a welcome drink and our details were taken. We were then shown to our room, big, clean and modern which backed out onto the grounds. The Elemis products, bottle of bubbly and stocked tea tray were a lovely a touch. We first took a dip in the outdoor hot tub which was clean and overlooked the garden. We then headed to dinner in the restaurant, again the staff were friendly and attentive, it was here I proposed to my now fiancée, and she said YES! The food was delicious and well presented. The following morning my fiancée took advantage of the indoor spa, the heated loungers and spa pool were a hit! Breakfast was table service, again swift and friendly with good portions. We booked in for the Rasul mud treatment, this was incredible and great for couples. Finally we topped off the stay with use of the outdoor heated spa pool. The stay was pure heaven and we’re already planning our return trip.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Penny Holland, General Manager at Moddershall Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Good afternoon .

Thank you for your 5* review.

A huge congratulations on your engagement! I am delighted that your now fiancee said yes and that you chose to spend your special occasion with us!!

I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that you thought your stay with us was pure heaven.

We do hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2020 via mobile

From the moment we arrived the staff were polite and very attentive. COVID-19 restrictions are in place but honestly the staff are brilliant at just providing great service.
We stayed in their master suite, which was lovely and we highly recommend it.
The spa is great, two separate areas indoor and outdoor.
The spa staff at the outdoor area, think they are referred to as the Deli staff were lovely, they came around regularly and checked if you wanted anything to eat or drink, which was nice.
I had a hot stone massage which was amazing!
Evening meal was lovely and the staff very attentive if your glass was empty, we sat outside with views over their lake.
Breakfast was good, felt a little busy and you can go in your spa robes if you choose.

Overall we had a lovely time and felt very relaxed which was the whole point of going. I have read the previous reviews that staff were slow but honestly they weren’t and whilst at a spa the whole point is to chill!

We would definitely return, thank you for a lovely break.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank hallamnottingham
Penny Holland, General Manager at Moddershall Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2020

Good afternoon.

Thank you for your 5 * review.

I was incredibly pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that you relaxed the whole time you were with us! Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. I will certainly pass on your comments to all of the teams.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2020

This is the best spa i have been to, i have been twice and would return. A little pricey, but if you get a good deal on voucher site its worth it. Rooms could also do with a refurb, and if I was being picky the main restaurant lacked a little atmosphere.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 23 July 2020

Just wanted to say firstly moddershall is a beautiful place for a wedding my daughter gets married there next year one criticism is the price of the rooms £440 each which yes does include a spa day and lunch next day , but we only want to stay at the venue for our daughters wedding we don’t want a spa day .Also her main bridesmaid has a child but as the spa is adult only they have to leave the next morning which is fine but are still being charged for the spa day ,I think if moddershall oaks want to be a wedding venue they should have separate facilities also somewhere the bride doesn’t have to get ready in the spa treatment room

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 21 February 2020 via mobile

This is the 4th time we have had an overnight stay over at Moddershall Oaks over the past 4 years and have always had great experiences which have kept us coming back. We stayed in the Master Suite which was absolutely beautiful and had a lovely stand alone bath.

The spa is very nice yet nothing has changed over the 4 years except they now charge for flip flops and it seems to be much busier each time we visit.

The lady I think her name is Emma who works in the deli with short red hair was certainly excellent at her job. So attentive, cheerful and all round lovely. She really was superb, previously we have been and waited a long time for drinks orders where she was very on the ball. She really deserves a special mention because she seemed to really care and made our time in the outdoor pool great!

Unfortunately the main let down for us was the food in the restaurant in the evening. Although it wasn’t a bad meal, it certainly wasn’t great and was extremely over priced for both the food and the service. When we arrived we were seated at a table with about 8 other people in the restaurant. The restaurant manager took our drinks order after being seated for about 10 minutes. He then returned about 10 minutes later to take our food order and we still hadn’t received our drinks. I told him politely that we would like a drink before we order any food and he replied with ‘yeah they’re on their way though.’ Which i though was odd rather than apologising for them taking a long time in an empty restaurant.

His attitude wasn’t very warm and welcoming and when being charged £8 for a starter, £28 for a steak and £8 for a dessert I do expect a higher level of service. He took our order with a spray bottle, a dirty cloth and two plates from another table in his hand for our pudding order. It was clear he was trying to clear out the restaurant as he tidied and took our order at the same time. I just didn’t think that would be the dining experience that modershall are aiming for with those kind of prices. The pudding I had was the apple tart with cinnamon ice cream which was clearly microwaved with bendy pastry. It was edible but should at least be delicious for the price you pay.

Breakfast service the following morning was much better with a lovely lady who served us and the food was good. You used to be able to order this to your room which was a lovely touch but not anymore unfortunately.

Our stay was nice but when the food and wine comes to £120 I feel a bit more finesse is required. But I guess they can get away with charging over the odds for average quality and service when you’re trapped in a spa break!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Penny Holland, General Manager at Moddershall Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Good evening,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our spa facilities and Master Suite when you stayed with us again recently. It is lovely to see that you have always had great experiences that keep you coming back to us!
I will certainly pass on your lovely comments regarding Emma our Deli Supervisor, as she and her team work incredibly hard to ensure our guests have great outdoor and indoor Deli service.

I was disappointed to read your review regarding the restaurant. If you wish to email me at julie@moddershalloaks.com I will be more than happy to discuss your feed back with you personally,