“Best Indian Meal Ever.”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2015

Called in because we were passing and now I can't wait to go back.

Fantastic meal, rich, fresh, tasty.

1  Thank SimonFaulkner

Reviewed 5 March 2015 via mobile

We have been going to Anoki since it opened in derby on London road, the manager knows of us quite well.
We went as regulars on a Sunday for the buffet deal which we have been having regularly for few years but this time was told they couldn't adjust the menu no more even though the menu is all meat and my partner is vegetarian and they have done in the past not just for us but others but then told they were going to charge £10 each for my two children which also they have never done and my children are only 3 and 4.
I asked where it's written about charging for such young children they said no where, I asked to speak to the manager and he refused sent another waiter to tell me it's as it is and we can basically leave it not happy, then when I questioned price for children she told me £5 each and they have only started it no literature to say as yet.
Very dodgy we then asked to speak to manager once again and they basically kept is waiting for half an hour, basically saying they didn't want out service!
Pathetic people all they care about is the money no customer service, no loyalty nothing! Am glad am not the only one reading the reviews who thinks this!
Just shows they don't want to keep they customers and yet in past We have found hair in our hair and they have also ignored that and still charged us, money hungry

8  Thank Diva1616
Reviewed 5 March 2015

The decor in Anoki Burton is pleasant if a little over the top. However the food was very disappointing. To start we had the Tandoori garlic mushrooms. for just under five pounds it was disappointing to receive 5 mushrooms and two pieces of roasted pepper. The mushrooms did not taste of garlic at all or appear to have any nuts there was however yoghurt on them which was not mentioned on the menu. This was followed by a paneer makhani which was basically cream of tomato soup with indian cheese. No flavour or spice at all. In total for 2 starters and 2 main courses with 1 rice the bill was £40.00. I would suggest you avoid this restaurant and go to a local curry house. Chances are you will get at worse a similar meal but probably for at least half the price.

4  Thank Mrs_Smith2809
Reviewed 22 February 2015

Hi,

I booked a table with you for 9:30 last Saturday (valentines night) and this process was probably the most enjoyable part of my Anoki experience! We arrived my fiancé and I at 9:15 to find the car park ridiculously full with people parking dangerously on the A38 dual carriageway and with many cars in the car park blocked in. Eventually found a spot and parked. On walking into the venue bearing in mind a table was booked for a specific time we couldn't even walk in because people were queuing out the door. People were leaving claiming they'd waited 2 hours and not even had their food. We waited 30 mins and nobody had even had the courtesy to acknowledge we were standing there and when I attempted to get someone's attention (which I tried on many occasions) a chronic case of acute deafness seamed to form with the staff! After being ignored for about the 5th time we decided to cut our losses and leave. I must say I find it disgusting that greed with over booking/managing bookings obviously took priority over service in this restaurant and an ethos of get cram any people in as poss was clearly the strategy if the day. Thanks Anoki burton for ruining our night my opinion of your restaurant is tarnished forever

8  Thank PippyEvo1507
Reviewed 20 February 2015

The food was good. The starters both excellent. The main just average. Service a little slow and not very attentive, and as the restaurant was half empty, not quite acceptable. It was a good meal overall. Was it worth £65.00? (with only 1 beer, and no pudding) No.