“Very good food at a reasonable price”
Review of The Manzil

The Manzil
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Indian dining in a luxurious comfortable surrounding.
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

I've passed thus restaurant many times and went in on a virtual whim. On first impressions, it looked like it was going to be expensive but when the menu came, I thought the prices were so reasonable I was worried the quality wouldn't be very good. I was so wrong. The poppadoms were freshly cooked. My fish tikka starter was cooked perfectly cooked (succulent, not at all dry). The lamb main course was delicious - I ordered from the Bangladeshi part if the menu and enjoyed a dish I have never had before (and sadly whose name I can't remember but it was the first one on the list). I finished with Ferraro Roche ice cream - not very Indian, but very enjoyable. I will most definitely return (I want to work my way through the items on the Bangladeshi menu).

1  Thank Tiddlyflop

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Always a fab meal staff are friendly and is very reasonable in price always plenty of space and food always nice and freshly cooked

2  Thank loren s
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I booked a table for 14 of us for my Birthday, when we ordered drinks and was told they don't sell beer! I understand not all Indian restaurants sell beer but they could of told me when I booked, as you can imagine I had 13 other people very disappointed at me for not telling them! It took the staff ages to take our order, we arrived at 7.45 and the main course finally came out two hours later. We had to send some of the dishes back due to them coming out colder than you would expect but on the plus side the food was amazing it's just such a shame the service didn't match.

1  Thank Smithwallace
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Lovely food , one of the best in Burton on Trent, friendly staff and quick good service , staff happy to recommend dishes or tweek dishes for extra flavour , clean restaurant spacious and highly recommended

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Ive give it a five because it looks great from the inside and outside..
However..and its not a complaint but any place that can do a curry in fifteen minutes is probably not for the curry purists..Not that there was anything wrong with it just not special if you know what i mean.Am going again in september(2015) with all my work mates so will update.