“Everything we hoped for.....”
other travellers have booked this property
From sitting area looking up to mezzanine bedroom
Sitting room from kitchen area, sofabed on the left Cottage front door leading from patio area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
From sitting area looking up to mezzanine bedroom
Sitting room from kitchen area, sofabed on the left
Cottage front door leading from patio area
Table and chairs outside Cottage front door - perfect for relaxing!
Table and chairs outside Cottage front door (on right of photograph.Green doors not used)
Up outside steps, Cottage windows on the right seating area to the right at top of photo
Looking up Catherine Hill from Frome town centre towards Catherine Hill Cottage top left of photo
Looking down Catherine Hill from bottom of Cottage steps
Inside front door, bathroom on the left with kitchen in front and left, sitting room to the right
Kitchen complete with dishwasher, gas hob, electric fan oven and washer/drier
Double bed under the beams
Bathroom/shower room
Shower with rainwater shower head and hand held shower head
Sitting room from mezzanine bedroom stairs
Gorgeous little Paccamora cafe almost opposite the cottage, corner of Catherine Hill/Whittox Lane
Unique and wonderful Deadly is the Female shop opposite cottage steps. Retail therapy?!
The Valentine Lamp in Catherine Street, cottage windows in background.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
j0nnyevan...
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Everything we hoped for.....”
Reviewed 27 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I stayed at Catherine Hill cottage for 1 night last week and absolutely loved our time there.

Frome itself is a really nice place, full of classy little boutique shops and cafes. The cottage sits at the top of Catherine Hill, which is quite steep so be prepared for the walk if you have parked nearer to the main high street in Frome.

We arrived in the morning and choose to browse around the town until 2pm when we could then effectively check-in. The owner of the cottage, Helen, was really helpful and kept us updated via text messages so that we could get into the property as soon she had finished cleaning from the previous visitors.

Upon arriving we found that Helen kindly provided fresh bread, pastries and milk for us which was a pleasant surprise. The property itself is lovely and perfectly formed. I honeslty can't fault it any way and wouldn't want to. It's absolutely perfect for a couple.

The only tricky part was the parking. You can drive your car up to the cottage to unload bags but you will then need to find parking. Helen again kindly advised us of a road nearby where you can park for free but you will likely struggle to find a space. I chose to park at the bottom of Frome, near to Iceland, however this was not a long stay car park. I was very lucky to meet an extremely kind and helpful parking attendant that allowed me to park there all day and all night for FREE! But I wouldn't count on being able to do that. There are some long stay car parks around but I didn't find them, although that's likely more down to my navigation skills than anything so look to research that before you arrive.

In summary, I would happily stay here again, it was exactly what we had hoped it would be and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing