Warrens Village(Clevedon)
USD 142
Hotels.com
USD 111
USD 100
Premier Inn Portishead Hotel(Portishead)(Great Value!)
USD 82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Portishead(Portishead)(Great Value!)
USD 78
Travelodge
Days Inn Bristol M5(Easton-in-Gordano)
USD 79
USD 70
Commodore Hotel(Kewstoke)
USD 88
USD 107
USD 104
  • Breakfast included
1,163 results
All reviewsbristol channelsea viewsevern estuaryold fashioned liftwelsh coasttraditional hotelterrace bartop floorbit datedwedding partyclevedon pierroom was largepublic areasstayed for one nightshort breakbiscuitsfour poster bed
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in Best Western hotels before so had no hesitation in booking this one in Clevedon for an overnight stay. On arriving the building and views are stunning and the check in staff were helpful. After a night in Cardiff we arrived back at 1 am we were woken at 4.45am by the room next door chatting loudly, running up and down the corridor and slamming cupboards and doors non stop. There is no sound proofing and with squeaky floorboards there was no chance of any sleep. The whole of the décor inside is tired and unloved, I know the difference between shabby chic and unkept and this hotel could definitely do with a refurb. After no sleep Breakfast was fine and the staff worked hard to clear plates etc. On check out a rude lady took our key and said hang on i need to check (we had paid in full on check in) she then looked up and said ok as if to dismiss us! No mention of how was your stay .. I guess they didn't want to know or care. Won't be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Tyre,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the magnificent architecture and cliff-top views of our Clevedon hotel. However, I am disappointed that your overall experience with us did not meet expectations.

Our hotel is a Victorian period property, which maintains its traditional structure along with plenty of charming original features. This can mean that, in the interest of preserving our 19th century heritage, certain areas of the building are not soundproofed against particularly rowdy guests. If a problem is reported however, our hotel staff and duty managers are readily available to resolve any issues regarding your stay.

I am happy to hear that breakfast was to your taste even if the vintage décor was not. Thank you again for your feedback, I do hope we get the chance to provide a vastly improved experience should you stay with us in future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Cannot review restaurant or rooms, as only frequented the bar(s). These are very good, and underused, apart from wedding events. Bar food is fine, good choice of beers and good sea views. In summer sitting outside is good too. Also dog friendly. Pleasant staff too.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MidlandsDuke
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear MidlandsDuke,

Thank you for the review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the scenic sea views across the Severn Estuary along with some of our delicious homemade bar food. The bar is indeed well-stocked, and I hope you had the chance to try one of our fine local ales too.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Terrace Bar this summer, perhaps for a more complete Walton Park experience.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This was our second stay at the hotel. A high point of our first visit was the restaurant so we were mightily disappointed when we arrived to find it was shut. The bar food was okay but the bar was very crowded with wedding guests, so the whole eating experience was an anti-climax. Staff friendly and helpful, though, room okay and breakfast was great.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Kim W,

I would like to start by thanking you for returning to the Walton Park Hotel and taking the time to write this review.

I am disappointed to hear you did not have the exceptional experience you received the first time around, however pleased you managed to enjoy your stay outside of the restaurant. The opening times for dinner are 19:30 – 21:30, which may be subject to change over the weekend. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and hope you get the full Walton Park experience should you visit us again in future.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope you choose to stay with us a third time.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This place is desperately in need of a refurb, old fashioned carpets that are threadbare the bed was really comfortable, however the shower had mould growing out of it and the receptionist was pretty grumpy when I mentioned it to her. Wouldn't go back. Sorry Walton park,not for me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank James C
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear James C,

Thank you for your review.

I am very disappointed to hear about your recent experience. The interior is traditionally decorated to complement the hotel’s grand Victorian architecture, and though I am aware vintage charms might not be for everyone, the hotel does undergo regular refurbishments to ensure conditions are maintained to a high standard.

Your experience comes as a surprise to us and I can assure you we will investigate these reports at the earliest possible convenience.

Thank you again for your feedback in helping us to improve our services. We hope you decide to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I seldom write a review for Tripadvisor but this place made me feel compelled to.

Ok, the goods. The exterior of the hotel is beautiful. The view from the hotel is stunning. It is also in a quite area it seemed so nice for walks etc.

To me this place felt like a hotel from the 60’s or 70’s that looks in good need of considerable investment.

The carpets in the public staircase looked to me to be close to threadbare and looked like they needed replacing. The lift was antiquated. Dark wooden doors and a manual pull across gate. And brass knobs inside to select the floor. Given there were a few elderly people there I wouldn’t have expected a lift like that. I can imagine it’s not great for those with mobility issues.

The room wasn’t very bright. Quite dimly lit in fact. Again, antiquated fittings. Old looking, dark wooden desk, green top desk lamp.

The bathroom was very basic. Lino, I think, on the floor and extremely basic white sink and bath. The shower was inside the bath. A triton shower box was provided, wasn’t very powerful.

The food was fine. Breakfast was meh... ok. Again, antiquated cutlery and the plates resembled the plates I used to get at school. Very basic again. The staff were nice enough overall.

Oh, the internet deserves a mention. I had a lot of trouble with it. The signal was in and out and was infuriating me. I called to complain about it. Not much was done it appeared as it didn’t seem to improve.

Overall I won’t be staying here again. I was glad to leave. Nothing to do with the staff, they were fine. But the place made me imagine what a hotel must have felt like 30-40 years ago.

I have upped my personal rating to 2 out of 5 for the way it looks from the outside and the views, which are undeniably beautiful and picturesque.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Paul R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at the Walton Park Hotel.
I am pleased to hear you admired the scenic views from our spectacular 19th century property. The surrounding two acres of landscaped gardens are indeed great for walks, and we do hope take advantage of this should you visit us in future.

Our hotel is traditionally decorated to complement its Victorian architecture. The building regularly undergoes refurbishments, and I am disappointed to hear that the interior décor was not to your taste. I can assure you that your feedback will be passed on to management to consider for future projects.

I am sorry to read your comments regarding connection issues. We will investigate any potential problems in the coming days and look to resolve them if required.

Thank you for choosing the Walton Park Hotel, and for helping us to improve our services.