“Magnificent Setting”
other travellers have booked this property
St.Mary's a part converted 15th Century 2* listed building now a beautiful holiday home
Overlooking the lake at Talyllyn this historic building offers you an unforgettable experience . Just a bit different ! NB:The 15th Century Church operates an Eco Loo System
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Just a bit different ! NB:The 15th Century Church operates an Eco Loo System
views across the lake from St.Mary's with Cader Idris rising in the background.
The old vestry with it's modern kitchen set within a space of huge ancient oak beams to impress
Neighbours visit you here ! This one often helps me cut the grass!
A comfortable area to sit in the old vestry also providingTV/ DVD player and PlayStation with games
Definitely a room with a view .
The old building still retains most of its fixtures and fittings to set the atmosphere.
One of the many dramatic lighting options...this photo was sent to me by one of our visitors
Kingsize beds for that extra comfort  -- with filtered and  balanced air flow  ....
The stained glass window depicting the story of The Good Samaritan
The view of the lake from the old Church with Cader Idris reflected in the still waters ...beautiful
A good nights sleep here for sure and another kingsize bed.From this level you can view the Church !
One of the two  Lych-Gates and the ancient 15th Century Church - one of the oldest in Wales
An impressive rear entrance to the Church with parking and privacy .
St.Mary's and it's  beautiful location..photo taken on the ancient route to the Church from Corris
One of the collection of Victorian oil lamps that compliment St.Mary's..a step back in time ..
Spend the nights under the huge impressive 15th Century rafters.....a great treat !
This is the view from the 'pod'that you could wake up to ...showing the ancient barrel ceiling
A fine picnic area ... Incredible views ...and a private place to look out over the whole lake..
A beautiful location ....photo taken from the Old Rectory On The Lake
There aren't many places like St.Mary's.This is the 15th Century roof structure..impressive for sure
View of St.Mary's across the lake with Mynydd Graig Goch behind which glows red in the sunset !
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

WH_Oami17
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Magnificent Setting”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013

We made our final choice of St Marys based on the reviews on this site, we were not disappointed. We wanted peace & quite with amazing surroundings and that was exactly what we got and then some. I think you would struggle to find a better or more beautiful location to stay.

We got a lovely warm welcome from Peter on our arrival, his love for St Marys is obvious. Despite the planning restrictions placed on him Peter has done a great job on converting St Marys into a holiday let. The mix of old and new works surprisingly well, the modern bedroom pod and the old church look right at home together.

We only ate at Pen-Y-Bont hotel once, as it is only open weekends during winter months. We found the owners very warm and helpful, The meal was hot, well cooked and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Although the restaurant was officially closed weekdays they even offered to cook us evening meals as they prepared food for their own guests.

I think previous reviews have described St Marys fairly accurately so I will finish by saying that we would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
5 Dec 2013
Thanks for your kind review and I'm so pleased that you both enjoyed your holiday ...I've just seen the photos of St.Mary's and Talyllyn that you have posted ... what a treat to be here when the lake was like a mirror ,a more calming surroundings is hard to find ... lets hope you'll pass this way again ..
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

19 Nov 2013
Thanks so much for giving this pleasing review and for being my first guests to stay two weeks ... I'm sure it was good medicine for you both .. a week isn't long enough at Talyllyn ...so I'm glad St.Mary's gave you a relaxing holiday ...and perhaps you'll come again one day ..
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

How easy was it to book the property?
Travelling group: Extended Family
13 Nov 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review of St.Mary's and our location ....it's a wonderful area to come to... and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves ...
perhaps we'll see you again one day...
cravengar...
Ingleton
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed in the church in July (Peter's first guests) and we were really looking forward to our return visit, even though we knew exactly what to expect. I've been waiting to write a review since then, but T.A does not allow follow up reviews within 3 months of a visit.

We were met by Peter again, with as much enthusiasm as ever ( Does he ever stop smiling?!) We were given a challenge of spotting new additions to the church, and there were quite a few nice touches to enhance the stay. The coat hooks just inside the vestry door were a welcomed addition, and well used as we didn't have such good weather as we did last time.
Despite the weather, we got out every day and relished the peace and quiet in the near vicinity. On one occasion I heard people outside, who were clearly hoping for a look in the church, say "It's private" Oh, I felt so smug that I could be inside with all that the church holds!
I was one step ahead this time and took my vocal score of the Brahms Requiem, put my coat on, and sat in the church, singing to myself as loud as I wanted!!!

Peter had just cut the grass path up to the the well placed seats over looking the church and lake. We didn't manage to do that last time as it was a bit over grown. Well worth the effort to watch nothing go by!!
I can see from reading the reviews that, we're now not alone in singling this place out as somewhere vey special and successful, and to that end have booked to go back yet again at the end of June.

Thank you again, Peter. We look forward to seeing you n 2014

Lynn and Brian

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful nature of the building
Liked least: Nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
27 Oct 2013
What can I say to you in thanks for another fine review for St.Mary's ...and to know you're coming back yet again is pleasing indeed .
You said that you heard some people's disappointment from outside that the old Church was closed but I also know that you showed some others around and delighted ,like I do ,in telling them of it's history...
St.Mary's has now got a new future and whilst respecting it's past we can look forward to keeping it sustainable for years to come..
Thanks both..
Helenmary...
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful break”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed staying in the church
Peter has made it very homely.the cooking facilities are excellent we cooked every day we bought local produce .we found some local pubs which were very friendly and provided good food.
The church is full of history and furnished to a high standard .we would love to go back I there in thesummer time to explore the surrounding area .

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The atmosphere and original features
Liked least: The rain
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Oct 2013
Thanks so much for your pleasing review,and so glad that you had such a good time ...St.Mary's and I welcome you back again one day .
Pete
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing