1,030 results
All reviews hot tub ricky's cooking the craig goch room free standing bath hosts john mynydd rugog room cadair idris huge bathroom roll top bath stunning views fantastic food warm welcome the main house bed and breakfast local area idyllic location eggs benedict
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights and were made to feel like family. The room upgrade on the second night was much appreciated! Very tasty breakfasts and top-notch service. Plenty of tips for places to visit. A true example of genuine hospitality. Many thanks gentlemen!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Snowdoniatraveller, Owner at The Old Rectory on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

It was so good to meet you and as you both are involved in this crazy world of hospitality with a wealth of experience in all aspects of it this kind review is even more appreciated. Indeed your glowing comments have helped to push us up to be the best rated bed and breakfast in The Snowdonia National Park as ranked by Trip Advisor travellers. We know that we will not be in this august position for long as we accept that we do not always get it right and cannot please everyone all the time but it has made our month!
Very best wishes from John and Ricky - joint owners.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My Grandmother saw a photograph taken by the owners in The Daily Mail. We dropped by today to ask for a copy of the picture. The owner was very helpful. The Rectory looked lovely with wonderful views!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Snowdoniatraveller, Owner at The Old Rectory on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

I was well flattered that your brought your grandmother some distance to come and talk about the incredibly vivid rainbow I photographed two weeks ago over the hill at the end of the lake. After I had uploaded the image on our Facebook page more than fifty thousand folk viewed it and we were then contacted by a national picture agency who asked if the could release it to the press with a suitable write up about The Old Rectory on the lake. We were astounded when last Tuesday previous guests and friends from afar started emailing and telephoning to say my picture was in their morning paper! Incredibly this colourful and striking image was published in some form in The Times, The Telegraph, The Scottish Times, The Daily Mail and Mail on line - since then our phone has never stopped ringing! It would be our pleasure to supply your grandmother with a copy as she so obviously likes the area and thanks for sending us her home address. A friend who owns a photographic shop in Stafford will print it up and send it on to her in due course. I know you are all staying over the other side of the mountain in a time share outside Machynlleth and if you want to bring her over for a coffee before you leave on Saturday please do. I am sorry I did not have time to do so when she knocked on our door but I was just about to take part in a conference call for another project we are about to undertake.
Kinds regards to you all, John - joint owner.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed over Easter and we had a lovely time. The location is fantastic, the views are amazing! Lovely place to relax! We had breakfast and dinner, it was delicious! On Easter Sunday we climbed Cader Idris, it was a good day and we managed to get to the top! A great experience overall! We found that the pub Pen y Bont which is just down the road from the old rectory expensive for drinks, a can of Guinness was £4! Would definitely highly recommend the old rectory! John and Ricky are very good hosts too!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Snowdoniatraveller, Owner at The Old Rectory on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello to you in Liverpool and very well done for getting to the top of the mountain in some quite challenging conditions. The pictures you later showed us from the summit still covered in snow were superb and I just hope you were happy that I managed to persuade you not to go to Snowdon but to climb local! It was great to meet you both and thanks for this recommendation which is truly appreciated.
Best wishes, John - joint owner.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We travelled to the Old Rectory on the lake for a couple of days to celebrate our anniversary. The room was spotless and warm for our stay .The breakfast were superb and Ricky catered for my wife’s dietary requirements as usual. We dined in on Thursday and Ricky provided us with superb meals cooked to perfection. The weather was good enough for us to travel out each day.
John ordered a beautiful bouquet of flowers for our arrival.
We will be returning at least another twice this year .
Looking forward to our next visit

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John I

We were so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here and that the flowers that were waiting for you in our upstairs Craig Goch room helped celebrate your 54th wedding anniversary. Indeed what a spectacular achievement and in fact it is so impressive that according to Mr Google there is no traditional gift associated with this incredible milestone. Needless to say it was great to see you again and we both look forward to welcoming you into our home again later in the year.
Our very kind regards, John and Ricky - joint owners.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the old rectory for a birthday weekend and wasn’t disappointed.
The food is outstanding (thank you again Ricky), and is served in a stunning dining room overlooking the lake. Plenty of choice at breakfast which set us up for the day.
We had two evening meals, the duck with plum sauce was exceptional as was every other course, the list could go on!

Our room was the perfect setting with superb views to unwind after a day exploring the surrounding area. The ensuite is huge with a freestanding bath, ideal after a long walk.
John was very accommodating and gave us some tips on things to do as we changed plans due to the weather.

Thank you both again for a lovely weekend, we will be returning.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Snowdoniatraveller, Owner at The Old Rectory on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

I really appreciate what you have written about my food. It means a great deal and it was my pleasure to cook for you both. I must apologise that the hot tub was not up and running - we are in the middle of revamping that area, renewing the decking, putting in a glass surround fence to improve the views of the lake and crags opposite, erecting a banister to run up along the slate steps and installing better mood lighting up there. John and I look forward to welcoming back into our home again and please if you do return please have the hot tub and Prosecco on us.
Best wishes from Ricky, chef and joint owner.