“Obviously very popular with the locals....”
Review of Bradford Arms

Bradford Arms
Ranked #6 of 128 Restaurants in Oswestry
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Found in the heart of Knockin, the Bradford Arms is a large pub that caters for everyone; no matter what their taste. A family-friendly pub, there's plenty to enjoy on a visit to the Bradford Arms. We're Cask Marque Accredited so why not join us for a pint after work or bring the family and tuck into a delicious traditional pub meal. With a separate bar and dining area, we have space for everyone. In the summer weather come and enjoy our beer garden area. We have water bowls for dogs located outside so why not bring your furry friend with you? Settle down in front of our warm fire on a cold day, come join us for sports nights or just pull up a seat and enjoy some of our traditional pub games. We can't wait to see you soon.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I had to wait an hour in the village for a colleague, and so naturally gravitated to the Bradford Arms, just down the road from the perhaps more famous Knockin Shop.

If this was it on an unexceptional early Tuesday evening, it is indeed a very popular village pub, drawing customers from the wider neighbourhood - for good reason!!

Of my Pie and Pint Tuesday Special for £8.25, the pint was a lovely 'real ale', and the steak pie, chips, veg and plenty of gravy was delicious.

All were well served in a typically friendly pub atmosphere.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank GunnerGraham64

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for early lunch as it was recommended.. staff were lovely.. the place was clean and well presented. The food was served quick,hot, tasty and good portion sizes! There was four of us and the end bill was very good including drinks. Would defo visit again next time we are on holiday. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We often stop here on the way back from North Wales. It's so good we have been back several times, even on occasion travelling out of our way to visit. When you visit, you will see why. It's a comfortable, clean, pleasant place, always with a warm welcome and a great atmosphere. The staff are very friendly, service is quick and food is excellent, and all at really good prices as well. It's such a nice place to look forward to after a long day. We will be back.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We came here for a Sunday roast. To start we had cheese and bacon topped wedges £3.95 and for main I had the beef roast £9 and my partner had the lamb roast £9 both massive portions with all the trimmings and was pleasantly surprised with them being so cheap too. Staff were great as well will return soon.
Dogs are welcome.

1  Thank Jessica-sykes30
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We dropped in here on the way home from a romantic weekend. I've been in the UK 6 months and an honestly say this is one of the best British meals I've had. Honest, good, home cooked food. I was pleasantly surprised and am disappointed we hadn't been here earlier.
My partner had a sausage and mash dish and I had chicken with a pesto sauce. The chicken was the most delicate I have ever had! Seriously, the cook deserves a medal.
Being a Sunday night they had 2 pound desserts, so we had this strawberry tower thing... OMG..... it was good enough to be served as a dessert at a wedding!