“Man Vs Food Style - Great food if you love meat and american food”

Chequers Smoke House
Ranked #18 of 106 Restaurants in Witney
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Visited back in december with the lady and her family and we prebooked a table for 5 and all enjoyed i had the big smoke platter which i shared with my brother in law... He and i loved it and practically finished it bar the pulled pork the quality of the meat i would say was 4/5 and the chips and the louisiana hot wings which i had as a side 5/5 and the whole experience 5/5 the whole family loved it and we were all stuffed and i particularly was stuffed beyond belief.... Couldnt fit desert but maybe next time ;)

Big advice if your coming for dinner -----> eat breakfast but skip lunch :(

Would definitely visit again.....

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Everything was first class they have the whole package from when you walk in the door your are approached and seated if you have booked, which makes sure there are not people all around the bar area, which I always find very frustrating when going out, and you can't get to the bar for people stood around it talking.
Everything is ordered at the table and bought to you again excellent as for the same reasons as above and it makes for a more enjoyable experience and makes you feel you are being treated with respect and that your business is important to them.
The staff were great and dealt with all situations in a very professional manor and did their utmost to sort things out.
The food is wonderful very tasty and huge portions.
It is very advisable to book, we went Monday evening and it was busy, says so much for them in that they are good.
The decoration and atmosphere was good also, I think this is the first time I couldn't find anything negative.
Thank you for a very enjoyable experience you can see why they are always busy. Well done you have it just right.

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Third visit here first time great but since then has deteriorated .rushed into seat and badgered to order drinks and food by unsmiling waitress/manageress ? Food not a patch on first visit .should be better for what they charge .not a good night compared to previous visits .

Reviewed 13 February 2016

I visited here on a Mon night with my 12 year old as a treat.

Although we hadn't booked we were found a table with little fuss and it was still pretty busy for a Mon.

I had the Mac & Cheese with pulled pork to on top and if I'd realised how big the portion was I wouldn't of ordered the topping as I couldn't manage to eat it all. It was lovely though.

My son had the burger and fries and said it was huge but lovely and managed to eat it all.

We shared the cookie cheesecake which was amazing as well.

I'll definitely return. It was great they have loads of games for kids as well and we spent a great time playing while waiting for our food to arrive.

I can imagine this place gets really busy at weekends so many f you have kids I would suggest you pick your timings wisely.

Reviewed 13 February 2016

we booked a table for 8 people at 8. when we got there the table wasn't ready and it took nearly 30 minutes to get on to out table. we then booked our starters and main course. even after being late to the table they still took another 45 minutes to get our starters. the nachos were burnt and other starters were average. i didn't have a starter so i had to wait an hour and a half to get any food which was just too late. i had an expensive steak which was covered in greasy onion ring pieces, and a thin boring steak which is totally not what you expect from an american diner. the only redeeming part of the whole night was that the staff were very good and when we asked for 3 glasses of red she told us that it would be cheaper to buy a bottle, which we did. so shame about the food, but the staff were good.