All reviews converted barn the pub main course burger soup michelin star sorbet on arrival great food young man sticky toffee off the beaten track an overnight stay front of house pudding wonderful lunch steak night
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Visited the restaurant 2 weeks ago and have to say the experience was not good. The food was expensive (my wife’s meal was terrible in particular) and when I said I the white wine was not at all cold they took the bottle away for 10 minutes rather than replacing it. I live relatively close to this pub and have to say there is no comparison to the Rose & Crown in Ashbury where the food and service is excellent.

I will not be returning to the Star.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank James R
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Our latest visit to this gem was just as pleasing as our last.
The welcome from Andy and Lauren was warm and welcoming. We had booked a table as we know how busy this pub can be.
We ordered soup of the day, tomato with almond coriander and curry oil. The bowl was filled, hot and tasted divine. Our main was sausages and mash, but cooked to perfection and the green beans and smoked shallots were a delight. Naturally they provided Colemans mustard.
The service, like the food was faultless and once again I award them 5 stars.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We had a most wonderful lunch. Really Michelin Star worthy. Super homemade white and brown bread with homemade whipped butter. Delicious duck and mackerel entrees, venison and fish of the day and creme brûlée and a caramel soufflé. The cooking was superb, the service excellent. I would most definitely recommend and we do hope to go again.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank Jenny H
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Brilliant front of house execution by Andy and Lauren when we came back to stay.

We’d previously had a great lunch late Dec with family. When we knew we were coming back that way we decided to stay a night. What a great decision, as the combination of comfy acco with great food and drink meant we really enjoyed our stay. The sumptuous breakfast set us up for the next day.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank sbowditc
Reviewed 12 December 2017

13 of us visited The Star for our annual Christmas get together. Food and service both excellent, and great value. I'm so glad we used our "local" as not only was it really good food, we didn't have to travel too far in the ice and snow. Many thanks.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends