“Simply Superb!!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Ox House

View from Ox House towards the village
Kitchen with breakfast bar and bespoke spiral staircase Comfortable living room with TV, DVD & docking station
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from Ox House towards the village
Kitchen with breakfast bar and bespoke spiral staircase
Comfortable living room with TV, DVD & docking station
Luxurious upstairs bathroom with double ended slipper bath
Downstairs bedroom with kingsize bed
Stylish downstairs shower room
Staircase leading to feature bridge
Living room with woodburning stove
Dining area with access to outside decking
Upstairs twin room
Bridge to upstairs twin room
Front entrance
View of the property from the surrounding 10 acres
Brill Windmill
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

hazel652
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Simply Superb!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I stumbled accross the details for Ox House by accident. What a find!! Cottage is simply superb! We hired the cottage for my daughter and bridesmaids to stay in the night prior to her Wedding at Dorton House in April.
The cottage is stunning inside and out; the pre-wedding phots I am sure will be gorgeous!!
Location is geat with excellent views. All who visited during our stay fell in love with Ox House. Jane (the owner) is so easy to deal with and nothing is too much trouble. I would definately recommend the cottage - even if you do not have a Wedding to attend!!

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Leaving!!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
24 Apr 2015
Thank you for your lovely review! We are very glad to have contributed (in a very small way!) to the success of the wedding weekend! I look forward to seeing a photo or two! Jane
Sandra120...
Fife, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hen-weekend”
Reviewed 16 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

What an amazing place to have our hen-weekend. It's so thoughtful of you to leave a welcome pack for us and to even come back at night and drive us up to the Pointer restaurant for dinner. There is everything you would need as if you were at home all packed away nice and neat ready for use.
If I had a cottage to let out I wouldn'tchange a thing. It's perfect. I won't hesitate in recommending Ox House to anyone.
Ps Thanks to Derek for the car assistance. 4 woman and cars don't mix. Lol Thanks for everything. Sandra xx

18 Mar 2015
Thank you for your lovely comments - so glad you enjoyed yourselves! Good luck with the wedding, I hope it's a very happy day for you all. Jane
JohnB266
Bolton
“Simply Brill”
Reviewed 18 January 2015 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

The Ox House is a fantastic let in a great location.

The house is modern, well equipped, comfortable, and very relaxing. It's quiet and secluded but with excellent access to everything you need. We all loved it. My aged parents had a bit of difficulty with the state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems ... but I thought they were excellent.

Lots to do in the (reasonably near) area with visits to Oxford, Waddesdon Manor and Bletchley Park all pretty easy from here during our stay.

Jane and Derek both very friendly, helpful and welcoming.

I recommend this property without hesitation

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: lovely place in great location
Liked least: selection of food at local pubs (not the best)
Travelling group: Extended Family
richard w
“Quality property, location and service”
Reviewed 12 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

.We had travel in from New Zealand and were met at the property by both Jane and Derek. They had started a fire as it was winter, provided a welcome basket and generally made us very welcome.
The accommodation was in a pictures location set on 10 acres with sheep, hens, local wide life which included pheasants, squirrels, kits, robins and fox’s which we was not fortunate to see on our visit.
Jane and Derek had set up a Christmas tree and found them throughout our stay were very accommodating with information.
We would definitely use this accommodation again as it felt like a home from home
Words are not enough so all I can say is many many thanks from my family and I for your hospitality.
Would definitely recommend and will use again when visiting this area again.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: No complaints
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
12 Jan 2015
Thank you for a lovely review! We were mindful of a change in climate for you and keen that you should feel 'at home' in the festive season. We hope to see you again. Jane
traceypar...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 17 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I'm so in love with ox house. The pictures don't do this amazing property justice once you step through the door you can tell how much love went into renovating this location. Myself, oh and two friends stayed for a joint birthday at the weekend it was warm, luxurious had everything in the house you could possibly need. The lighting and music you could control by a tablet. Log burning fire whilst lounging on the sofa. The beds were so comfortable and every morning I saw a sheep as soon as I opened my eyes. The whole house is so clean and the land that surrounds is a great short cut to explore and get to the village. If you don't mind the sheep. I'm so relaxed after spending the majority of my time in the amazing bath with under lighting.. Look forward to visiting next year and bringing along out new addition.. Thankyou Jane. Much love Tracey and Co.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
19 Nov 2014
How lovely of you - thank you! We look forward to welcoming you back with baby, not bump! Jane
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing