“Great food”
Review of Red Lion

Red Lion
Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Red Lion is a small, traditional English village pub, run by hands-on owners and a small staff team. We have a bar, meeting room and a dining room. There is a log burner in the bar. The pub is carpeted throughout. The terrace at the front is a lovely spot to eat and drink in the warmer weather. We have a selection of real ales brewed by Hook Norton. Lagers, cider and Guinness are also available. A selection of wines is also available by the glass. We specialise in delicious, thin crust pizzas with a good selection of toppings, which are served every day. We also fry fish and chips and serve great steak, burgers and pies. We have catered for vegans and gluten free requests. We are pet-friendly and welcome well-behaved children.
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

It's very small so tight for space,staff are very friendly, food was brilliant and tasty and good price

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Being one of the only pubs in steeple Aston we found ourselves having dinner here and we were so pleased we did. Lovely staff that were happy to help, quick service and tasty traditional pub food in good portions. We didn't have a pizza but they looked good from what we could see on the other tables. We went on a Wednesday so it was very quiet but that didn't stop it being a lovely evening.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I went here with a group of friends after a good healthy walk, and we enjoyed a good ale or two and chose from the menu. My Lasagne was excellent, and I asked for salad in place of chips, and there was no problem. However one of my friends was very unwell after eating the Fish Pie, and wondered if it might have been as a result of the Sea Food in the pie. Who knows. All the others in the group had a good meal, at a very reasonable price. Will I go back. Probably, but I won't be having seafood.

Chaaarlie1, Owner at Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for your comments. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed our ales and thought our lasagne excellent, as we take a great deal of care with the food and drink that we serve to our customers. I was sorry to read your implication that our seafood should not be trusted. We served fish and chips and fish stew to two others in your group of six, and they were very complimentary. The friend who was very unwell was actually ill at the table, barely 10 minutes into their lunch, therefore it is highly unlikely that the cause was related to what they were eating. Your friend collapsed and was sweating profusely when I helped him back up onto his chair. You declined my offer of calling for an ambulance. You told us you had been on a walk. It was a very warm day in the height of summer (15th August) when you visited, and I think the strength of the sun may have been a little underestimated.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

This is a hidden gem. A lovely little quaint pub, Hook Norton Ales and excellent freshly cooked food. We ate on the sunny terrace , service was very good and the food was excellent.; fresh, delicious and nicely presented. We had a lovely meal.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Went here for a really nice family lunch. Staff good and attentive. Food very nice and at good price.