All reviews old english inns the pub quiet at night a bit tired piping hot wedding venue full english breakfast wedding reception double room sunday lunch one night stay plenty of parking cooked breakfast pudding yogurt oxford tlc
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Had lunch 12th Sept 2018 and had the most wonderful Chicken, Bacon & Mayo Sandwich - plenty of delicious filling, slightly warm brown bread with scrumptious triple cooked chips and salad leaves with dressing - highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Jean Pierre N, General Manager at Dog House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

We appreciate your feedback, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting, mould rat boxes outside of my window, musty smell uncomfortable bed very dated need I say more really. Reception staff didn't care just said didn't have any rooms to move me too, not that I wanted to move rooms.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian T
Jean Pierre N, General Manager at Dog House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

I am sorry you had to cut your stay with us. Unfortunately we were full and I couldn’t move you to another room. As you can see we are in the middle of nowhere with big open fields which will entice a domain for rodents. We have them completely under control hence the presence of all the boxes you could see. Unfortunately we cannot improve your view from your window but we can keep monitoring and staying on top of our control measure rather than let it become a pest control issue. We hope you do visit again where we are less busy for you to try one of our other rooms with a better view.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Stayed here for the weekend as it was the closest to the wedding venue. On arrival we were met by the manager JP who could not do enough for you. All of the staff were so helpful and friendly and nothing was to much trouble. there is a great selection of beers and wines and the food was well presented. Down side to this place it is a little tired in places and needs a bit of TLC, sorry JP nothing against you as you were fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your honest review and contribution on our journey to great customer service and satisfaction. The right people and departments will pick up on your comments and hopefully the right plan of action will be delivered to please our guests. The journey continues and we will carryon doing what we do with great pleasure. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We were here last year for our wedding and had a fantastic time.
Returned for our anniversary and had an equally excellent experience..
Very comfortable with great friendly staff.
Excellent dinning and great breakfast
Thanks to all.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Jean Pierre N, General Manager at Dog House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback and for all the tips filled in open checking our. We will make sure we keep the room as mentioned. Happy anniversary.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My room was tired, lots of mould on the ceiling in the bathroom. The evening meal I had was atrocious. My waitress took my order (calamari, followed by a beef and ale pie), after 30 minutes I noticed other people who had ordered well after me were being served their food. So I then guessed the waitress hadn’t inputted my order and she was very nice and apologetic (we all make mistakes). The calamari was OK, but then my main course was a joke. The mashed potato tasted stale and was cardboard like in flavour, not exactly fresh creamy mash and the vegetables were hardly cooked at all with large lumps of the base of a white cabbage (the stalk) thrown over the plate. It was inedible.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Jean Pierre N, General Manager at Dog House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry we didn't match your expectations. We will carry on with the training and development project to improve our service and make sure all guests are satisfied with their stay. Hope you visit us again soon.