“Really good meal with excellent and attentive staff.”

The Crown & Thistle Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 102 Restaurants in Abingdon
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited the Crown and Thistle on a cold and damp bank holiday Monday and really enjoyed the experience. The staff were excellent and the food lovely. I would recommend this establishment to others visiting the town.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely family afternoon. Prebooked afternoon tea. £14 per head. Disappointed in the selection of food offered for a set afternoon tea. The sandwiches egg mayo, cheese and ham and smoked salmon. All still had the crusts on and the way the bread had been cut made it very dry. Lovely warm scones with jam and cream. Cake offered was coffee cake or lemon drizzle. Very small pieces. The whole tea was very bland with no frills. Ie salad garnish or a few crisps. I expected a much higher standard of food for a large chain of restaurants.

1  Thank Sam W
Oakman I, Manager at The Crown & Thistle Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Sam W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent visit to us. Whilst I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we can use to improve the service we provide to all of our guests and, ultimately, learn from.
We take all comments into consideration and pass them onto the team, and your feedback is no exception to this. We hope that you come back to visit us soon, and trust that we will be able to provide you with the high standards we regularly hold ourselves to.

The Crown and Thistle Team

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I ate here on a business trip and was warmly welcomed by the staff even though I was dining alone. The pizza and house salad were very tasty and arrived promptly. Menu offered a good range of meat, fish and veggie options.

Hi Wendy S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback about your most recent visit to us! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

The Crown and Thistle Team

Reviewed 9 March 2018

The pizza made here are amazing, freshly made and baked in the wood fired oven. Generous toppings and nice and crispy around the edges, they really are top notch!! My favourite is the Pollo Calabrese and in word I would describe it as LUSH!! The staff are all very friendly and helpful, the bar has a great selection of drinks. All in all 5 out of 5!!

Oakman I, Manager at The Crown & Thistle Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hi Matt T,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we're so pleased you enjoy the pizzas so much! Have you tried the calzone? See you again soon.

The Crown & Thistle Team

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Service and food was fantastic. Sat next to a log burner fire which was great to see compared to the snow outside.
Food was beautifully presented and ingredients complimented each other well. Staff were happy to help and were glad to make additions to dishes upon request (the mezzanine tomatoes are so delicious - I highly recommend!).
Would love to go back in the summer to eat outside for lunch as the setting is gorgeous.

Oakman I, Manager at The Crown & Thistle Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Hi katiedavies95,

Thank you for the lovely review, it's so good to hear when we're getting things right and we hope to see you again soon.

The Crown & Thistle Team