“Hidden Gem”
Review of La Roca

La Roca
Ranked #30 of 135 Restaurants in Worksop
Description: La Roca is a coffee shop and tapas restaurant on Newcastle Avenue in Worksop. Our tapas ingredients are sourced locally and also imported in from Spain. We are also a fully licensed restaurant and have sourced all our wines from along with our selection of Gins and beers. We also serve cocktails too! We aim to provide a warm, safe and friendly environment. We are also breast feeding friendly.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The transformation from a run down shop to a great little tapas bar was certainly worth the effort. It might be small but has a great atmosphere so if you want to try it, make sure you book as word has already got round about this great tapas bar and is already fully booked for weeks ahead on Saturday nights.
We were welcomed by the owner and the menu and process explained in a friendly relaxing way which set the mood for the evening. The food was great and well prepared using a mixture of local products where available and imported products from Spain. The choice of wine from Spain was good and reasonably priced.
This is a little gem and we will certainly be revisiting on a regular basis.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

A lovely warm welcome greeted us as we entered. The tapas is varied and very tasty. There is a good range of cocktails which were delicious. The dessert was scrumptious.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We visited La Roca as a party of 4 on a Saturday night in Februaryand were all really impressed with the food and service. We all ate tapas and it was truly authentic. The Manager explained that everything was sourced in Spain and you could tell, it was beautifully cooked and the portions were just the right size. Will definitely be back though will try not to drink too many of the lovely gins next time as the bar bill was more than the food. (our own fault though as they were so lovely)

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great night, booking is a must for a weekend. They had a good selection of gin and wines. Very friendly staff and great service too. The food was delicious. We had a few tapas dishes to start and then had the paella as a main. All the food we tried was cooked beautifully. The only problem we had was deciding which to have. Can't wait to return to try some of the other dishes. Great to have a place like this in Worksop.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with my partner and another couple. We found the service lovely and the ambience just right. The food was all lovely and fresh and arrived in great time. The only complaint I have is myself and another diner on our table ordered 4 churros each for dessert and the staff took it upon themselves to make us share a plate of 8 because it was cheaper. They may of been trying to help but please in future give people what they ask for as I couldn’t eat more than one as the other person was double dipping and all sorts and it put me off so you didn’t save me money I spent money on something I couldn’t eat.

La R, Owner at La Roca, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for taking time to review La Roca. Firstly I am pleased to here that the food and service was enjoyable.
Secondly I would like to look into this and then get back to you. This is not a practice we normally endure and always give the customer what they ordered whether it was ‘a cheaper option’ or not. I do not think it was done on purpose to offend, I do feel it was probably done in a good jesture way. So I do apologise that it has offended you.
Thank you again for the review.
Kind Regards