Review Highlights
Extremely pleasant place

We read about Motts Military Museum one evening on the internet & decided to visit while we were... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
cullybuck
Kansas City, Missouri
Motts Military Museum - Groveport, OH - A Real Gem

In a suburb just southeast of Columbus, Ohio, is a marvelous museum that covers all of our American... read more

Reviewed 20 August 2018
Ronald A
Columbus, Ohio

All reviews spanish american war war history two hours tanks helicopter rickenbacker artifacts volunteers stories dating replica columbus guns school absorb equipment field
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I found this place on trip advisor thinking it would be a small town building off the beaten path with a few artifacts and a tank in the back. As it turns out it has thousands of artifacts from as far back as pre-colonial America. They have 4 tanks, two helos, 4 artillery guns. But the crowning jewels of this museum are the Fire truck and police cars from Ground Zero on 9/11, and a resident WWII veteran who was aboard the USS Detroit and survived the attack on Pearl Harbor. I plan on going back when the 9/11 exhibit is finished

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

The Motts military Museum is one of the most unique places in Columbus. It is run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about preserving world history especially associated with all of the wars dating back from World War I. The museum is full of memorabilia from people who fought in the war their uniforms tanks planes helicopters weapons medals you name it they have it.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

My husband and I had not heard of this museum until we conducted a research of museums in the Ohio area. Come to find out, this museum is about 20 minutes from where we live.

This museum is packed full of military history, from WWI, Civil War, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq....and even a few items from NASA and 9/11. Unfortunately, they have so many articles from 9/11 that they don't yet have the space to display it all. They also have planes/tanks and a replica of Rickenbacker's childhood home. It was very interesting, and definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I found this museum by accident while looking on groupon for discounted ideas of things to do while visiting family in Ohio. My family & I are WWII reenactors & always stop at different museums. My husband & I very much enjoyed looking at the large collection Mr Motts has on display. We will definitely return on our next visit & bring our son with us to take a step back in history again!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

My son and I had only a short amount of time to visit this museum. We both have interest in military stuff, and were surprised and pleased to see all that Mott's has. ranging from early American to Iraq, 9/11 and space shuttle, they have it.
Only issue is that many items are labeled with index cards and they are hard to read from the distance they are.
I would have liked to have more time, but we had to go. I would recommend 2-3 hours.
Price is very reasonable at $10 for adult, $5 for kids.