All reviews beef and ale pie major oak basket meals the pub family meal family room robin hood old coaching inn lovely meal an overnight stay pleasant stay full english good size booked this hotel breakfast was excellent yogurt ales
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

What a gem of a find, an old coaching inn. My parents, son and myself stayed for 1 night. All our rooms were very well presented, very clean, tidy and spacious. Our evening meal was first class as was our breakfasts. Special thanks to Bev who went out of her way to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
montauban, Owner at The Forest Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Walking distance to Sherwood Forest... Hideout of Robin Hood... great very old, but very well maintained Hotel conveniently located to many shops, restaurants and churches... a lot of history in Edwinstowe England.

Date of stay: February 2018
montauban, Owner at The Forest Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Reviewed 29 October 2018

My Husband booked a twin room as all the doubles where taken, we were showed to our room to find 2 single beds in 2 separate rooms with an adjoining door.
when we retired to bed the noise of possibly an air-con generator was so loud that my husband brought his mattress into my room and slept on the floor... well worth £90 per night!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
montauban, Owner at The Forest Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

We have four twin rooms in our establishment. Three of them have the beds in the same room. One of them - the room that this reviewer stayed in - has the beds in two separate rooms with a connecting door. Clearly, this arrangement was not suitable for this reviewer and for that I apologise. However, some guests prefer that a twin room be arranged in this way since it provides a little bit more privacy.

As for the noise, we do not have air conditioning on the premises. We do however have some laundry equipment which might possibly have been the cause of some noise, although we do not use this in the evening or at night.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

Just had a super two night stay at this lovely hotel. Accommodation very comfortable, food excellent and staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast full English was the best I have tasted, and the evening meals could not be faulted, also great wine and cask ale !

Room tip: If you want a quiet room don't ask for Room 3 which is located directly over the bar..
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
montauban, Owner at The Forest Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I traveled by myself around England and as a fan of Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest, Edwinstowe was a must visit. The room at the Forest Lodge was great. It was bigger then I expected which was very nice (some of the hotels I stayed at were cramped). The lodge is within walking distance of the Sherwood Forest Visitors Center and other town locations. The complimentary breakfast was great (they reserve a table for their guests in the restaurant). The only possible issue someone might have is that the family who owns the lodge stay in the rooms above the guest rooms, so you hear every movement above you. I didn’t mind this, but some guests might not like hearing people moving about late into the night and early in the morning. Aside from that minor issue, everything else was fantastic.

Trip type: Travelled solo
montauban, Owner at The Forest Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Thanks for the kind review!

This reviewer stayed in a ground floor room. The room above the one that the reviewer stayed in is also a guest room. The noise therefore coming from the room above must have been caused by another guest. Really sorry about that! We do encourage all guests to be aware of the fact that other guests stay here as well and to conduct themselves accordingly.