“morning coffee”

Pilgrims Coffee House
Price range: USD 1 - USD 9
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Pilgrims coffee house is a friendly self service cafe, serving up quality coffee and tea as well as quick, easy and delicious snacks. We like to do our bit for the environment so ALL our nosh is served in completely compostable cups and containers giving you the option to sit in our quirky cafe or take away and enjoy the Beauty of holy island! our hours change with the tides so please check in the photos section for a list for this month.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had our mid walk stop at the Pilgrim's coffee house and although there is only outside seating we were not disappointed as we had really lovely hot chocolate drinks complete with cream and marshmallows. My husband, myself and my sister all had a scone, which were all different flavours but we said how delicious our own was, not to mention the size of a side plate.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our family visited this cafe as we’d read the reviews before hand.
We were really disappointed the say the least.
We ordered crab sandwiches which at £6 for only this you expect something nice.
It really wasn’t....
The stale bread roll came un buttered which I asked for it to be.
I almost cracked a tooth on the crab shell in the sandwich.My husband also said his was full of shell and pretty tasteless.
I found the fact everything came on plastic plates abit strange.
We really fancied a coffee which again came in very small plastic cups.
I felt like I was in a school canteen.
The only positive was the little amount you got the coffee was nice and the staff friendly.
Would definitely not go back....

1  Thank philimart32
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have never ever seen rain like it, and this cafe offered a delightful safe haven. The coffee (roasted by the cafe themselves - so good I bought some to take home) is really delicious, sandwiches were generous, tasty (crab, croque monsieur) and fairly priced. The kids box was a good price and relatively healthy (ham sandwich, carrot crisps and a yo-yo fruit snack with juice).

We sat round a convivial large table upstairs and our 5 yo made friends with everybody else there (whether they liked it or not). Kids, families and dogs were all taking shelter from the weather. The atmosphere was lovely.

The owners really should be congratulated on creating a fantastic cafe.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Lindisfarne on a horribly wet day, but found comfort at this gem of a coffee house. The drinks - and sandwiches (croque monsieur and veggie haggis) - were amazing. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Some of the best coffee I’ve tasted. Delightful choice of unusual sandwiches, flatbreads, wraps and the like. Biggest decision of the day was which mouth watering cake to choose.
Not the nearest place to the main car park, but worth passing a few eateries to find this one through a small gate into the garden and beyond.