“Peaceful and quiet”
other travellers have booked this property
Linnet Cottage master bedroom with views out to fields
Linnet Cottage with views out to organic farm land where you can see hares, sika deer and swallows. Sunfilled sitting-room, light and cosy
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Linnet Cottage master bedroom with views out to fields
Sunfilled sitting-room, light and cosy
Kitchen with a pint of milk in the fridge and fresh organic free range eggs for breakfast
Kitchen table with fresh flowers from the garden
Power shower, local organic handsoap and luxury slate floor
Enclosed south facing garden looking out to open fields, barbeque available and peace perfect peace
Field of organic oats in front of Linnet Cottage
Unspoilt and deserted beaches a short drive away
Peace perfect peace
Cheswick beach only 15 minutes from Thornton
Breakfast in bed watching what's going on in the field, is it a hen or a guineafowl?!
Comments from our guestbook
Our much loved Herdwick sheep
It's all very relaxed at Thornton
Stunning coastline walks to Lindisfarne
Wildlife is very important to us at Thornton, enjoy walks around our field margins
Thornton Farm, a 600 acre organic arable farm
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Denise K
“Peaceful and quiet”
Reviewed 21 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Excellent little cottage with a friendly welcome when we arrived. The cottage was immaculate and had everything you needed. It is in a quiet and peaceful area but not too far from Berwick, Bamburgh or Holy Island for days out.

21 Aug 2015
Thank you for leaving a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday. We have the Holy Island crossing times in Linnet, ready for guests to plan day trips. The Farne Islands are another wonderful day out and fish & chips at Seahouses is not to be missed!
I very much hope to welcome you back again to Linnet Cottage. Thank you very much for staying with us.
Best wishes

Laura Smales
Thornton Farm Cottages
Vacation5...
“Lovely retreat ”
Reviewed 7 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Myself my husband and our 3 month old baby stayed here on the bank holiday weekend.
What a lovely little cottage. Has everything u need, plus more for baby when requested. Unfortunately the weather was shocking but still didn't stop us from getting out. Enjoyed berwick market and lunch at the plough and loved walking around farm with my son. My only downside is on our second night there was an awful lot of noise coming from our neighbours which stopped me from sleeping. I must add though that the bed is to die for and my 1st night I was asleep in seconds. Thanks for a lovely stay and for the amazing eggs!

21 Aug 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad to hear you had a great holiday. Alnwick Gardens and Castle are only 45 minutes from Linnet. A great day out which suits all Northumbrian weather conditions! I am sorry to hear your second night sleep was interrupted. I fully realise with a little baby how precious a good nights sleep is. I will look into preventing the situation from occurring again.
I hope we can welcome you back to Linnet Cottage again.
Best wishes,
Laura Smales
Thornton Farm Cottages
U8204XNca...
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage in a lovely spot,peaceful and cosy yet near amenities”
Reviewed 2 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I was very cosy and comfortable at Linnet Cottage. A peaceful haven at the end of my days walking St Cuthberts Way. Really comfy bed and the eggs and flowers were very welcoming. A lovely quiet spot but convenient for Berwick. Well equipped with lovely fittings and furnishings. Happy memories.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
3 May 2015
I am so pleased to hear Linnet Cottage was a cosy and comfy base for your walking holiday. Thank you for staying and we very much hope to see you again in the future. Best wishes, Laura Smales, Thornton Farm Cottages
tonywoodw...
Thorpe le Soken, United Kingdom
“A beautiful oasis”
Reviewed 26 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

This cottage is all one could wish for. A blend of the new and the old.
Cottage design features retained as they should be - high skirting boards and lovely old doors. Laura is absolutely charming and was extremely welcoming.
The rooms are decorated tastefully and the quality of the fixtures and fittings was superb.
Loved the fabulous shower, the quality cutlery and the excellent "feel" of the place.
The bed was like sleeping on a cloud.
Couldn't hear a sound in the evening. This is out of the way (as we like it) but only 10 minutes in the car to civilisation! Would recommend most highly.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The bed
Liked least: Nothing I didn't like!!
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Mar 2015
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am especially glad to hear you slept well. Very much hope to welcome you back some time. Best wishes, Laura Smales, Thornton Farm Cottages
annef1104
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
“Anne & William - 6-8th Feb 2015”
Reviewed 9 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We have just returned from a weekend away at the lovely Linnet Cottage. We cannot speak highly enough of the accommodation and the lovely Laura who gave us such a lovely welcome.
The cottage is perfcet for 2 and I just loved the decor in the bedroom and the bed itself was so comfortable it was amazing.
Well equipped, very very clean, superb views and a great place to get away from it all.Laura even left eggs, milk and fresh flowers on the table for us. Such a lovely touch. We would not hesitate to recommend this cottage to friends and family.
If you are down this area anytime please give Linnet Cottage a try.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved it all.
Liked least: Nothing.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Feb 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It has made my day. I am so glad you appreciated our eggs and the roses. We hope we see you again some time and can welcome you back to Thornton. All the best, Laura, Thornton Farm Cottages
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing