“fantastic bank holiday at the moorings”

Review of The Moorings.

Spacious well equipped Kitchen
Dog Friendly beach!
Beadnell Bay
Conservatory with doors to Balcony
Conservatory ideal sunny room for relaxing
Beadnell Harbour
Balcony with seating ideal for afternoon drinks! (furniture may be different from photograph)
Pool Table with seating and Patio doors to garden
View from Lounge
View from the lounge and kitchen
Enclosed back garden with picnic bench.
View from the house
Stunning Beach
Family room , double and single bed
Bunk room sleeps 4 children (connecting door to family room)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
rachel j
Manchester, United Kingdom
“This House is NOT dog friendly after all!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed at The Moorings for a last minute weekend away with family. The house is in the most wonderful location, the local beach is only a few minutes walk away and is simply stunning. The house itself has very good points but some very disappointing points too. My main issue is the fact that this house is marketed as 'welcoming dogs', this is in my opinion false advertising and I would suggest that the owners should be ashamed of themselves for marketing it this way. It states in the house info file (kept in the kitchen) that dogs are not welcome in the main living areas, the lounge, kitchen, conservatory and balcony are upstairs in order to maximise on the spectacular view. Dogs are not allowed in any of these rooms as the owner feels they could damage the red wood floor, therefore dogs are only allowed in the downstairs entrance hall, downstairs small games room and the tiny utility room. As the family congregate in the main communal rooms the dogs must be downstairs. We booked a holiday with our dog but he was left on his own downstairs while the family enjoyed ourselves upstairs in the evening. If the owners feel that dogs will damage the flooring in the main communal living areas then this should be stated on the advertisement....or (more sensibly) don't allow dogs to stay at this house at all.
Another issue we had is that there were 9 of us (house sleeps 11 max) yet only 5 seats in the main lounge, leaving 4 people sat on hard dining room chairs or the floor. If your house sleeps 11. surely you can seat 11 too!
So, moaning done now, this is a nice house in a wonderful location. The kitchen is well equipped, there is plenty of parking, the owner had kindly left us a bottle of wine and some chocolates which were gratefully received. Had it not been for the issue with dogs not being allowed in the main living areas I would have given this 3 stars. My advice to anyone who has booked this house on the basis of it being dog friendly is to cancel and demand a full refund, if you are booking as a family without a dog I'm sure you'll love it.

Liked best: the location
Liked least: false advertising!!!!!!!!!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
23 May 2016
HI Rachel , thank you for your comments. Dogs are most welcome in the house. I myself have 4 dogs and a great dog lover and feel they should go on holiday with the family. But some rules have to apply. The area downstairs is really spacious and I don't think it unfair not to allow them in bedrooms. I don't mind dogs upstairs as long as they are dry and not dirty. ( Just as at home I'm sure they are not allowed in all rooms when dirty and wet) . If you felt it was a problem a phone call to the agent or myself would of put your mind at rest that it was fine for your dog to be part of the holiday and be with everyone. I'm sorry you feel this way. Regarding the seating, it does state in the description that additional seating can be brought in from the conservatory.
I have never had bad press about dogs before, so I hope this explains my reasons and a few rules about keeping dogs downstairs at certain times. I'm sure future guests will understand and appreciate that dogs sometimes have to stay in a different room. Regards Jayne
neil K
Denny, United Kingdom
“fantastic bank holiday at the moorings”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

i stayed at the moorings for may bank holiday weekend with members of my family and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at house, it was very spacious for our party of 7. the sun room and deck was fantastic with sun most of the day. the views from lounge were stunning even when weather was poor. beds were comfortable and we all had good nights sleep. would definately return in future and recommend to friends

5 May 2016
Hi Neil. Thank you for the kind review. It was great to meet you when you arrived on Friday for your holiday weekend! So pleased you enjoyed the views from the lounge and also enjoyed the conservatory and sun balcony, it really is a sun spot. Thank you again for holidaying at The Moorings and hopefully will see again in the future. regards Jayne
Cpenningt...
“Great location & holiday home. ”
Reviewed 7 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We visited the Moorings in May 2015, for a week, as a family of 10 (one child age 12). This upside-down house has great characteristics, with the bedrooms downstairs and the kitchen and living room upstairs. Downstairs there were two rooms with double beds and another room with a double and single bed which also led onto a room with 2 bunk beds.
The kitchen and living room, upstairs, overlook the most stunning view - with large windows which look out onto the beach and sea. There was also a garden terrace to the back of the house which was always showered in sunshine!
Having said this, I feel that the house should be advertised to sleep around 9 - not the 11 people that it is currently advertised for. Whilst watching TV, there are not enough seats for everyone to sit down. We had to borrow chairs from the kitchen table in order for everyone to have a seat. Furthermore, the layout of the bedrooms downstairs could be utilised for space better - there is one bedroom with a double and single bed within it, which then leads onto another bedroom with double bunk beds in. This 'bunk room' is extremely small and it was hard enough to move around with two people staying in it, never mind 4 children! It is also unfortunate that you have to walk through someone else's bedroom to get to this. I feel that this ' bunk room' would be better to sleep two, or even better, converted into a toilet! This leads me on to the second point; there is a bathroom upstairs which is spacious and has a bath and incorporated shower. However, the bathroom downstairs is outside another persons bedroom which isn't great. Furthermore, the toilet area is so small that it is hard to shut the door. It would be beneficial if there was a larger bathroom downstairs - especially since the house caters for that many people. Some parts of the property are tired and in need of renewal - the plates should also be renewed as they are scratched.
Having said this, the property overall is in a great location and the views make it worth the while. With an update, this house would be spectacular. Beadnell itself is a great location with beaches on the door step. Towns are nearby and there are a lot of places to visit.

1 Jul 2015
Thank you so much for writing a review. Im sorry you were unhappy with some aspects of the house so I just thought I could give you some answers to the points you raised. I advertise up to 11 people as often I get 2 families holidaying together, but I also get families of 4-8 such as yourself and not every room is needed. I do mention that the bunkroom is only suitable for children, and for all it is small the kids seem to love it! The seating in the lounge is adequate, but seats/sittee from the the conservatory can be brought in, as I don't want to over crowd the lounge, again this is on the information as I do try to let guests know the set up before they book. The downstairs shower/wc is really an en suite situation and I am looking into moving the wc to make it a large space, but this is proving to be extremely expensive. The plates are renewed as and when needed such as chips occur etc and usually a new set every 2 years, but with catering for so many people scratches are expected and unavoidable. Im sorry you feel some areas look 'tired' as the whole of the downstairs (which was tired) was redecorated in January 2015. I hope this explains some of the issues you raised . Thank you once again for booking your holiday and hope you would consider booking The Moorings again should you wish to holiday in Beadnell again.
Jane S
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Wonderful week in a stunning location”
Reviewed 10 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

Just returned from a wonderful week in a beautiful part of the country that was new to us. The whole family were able to join us and the house was perfect. There was everything we could possibly need especially for small children safety gates, high chairs, travel cots and even a baby carrier! When we arrived we were blown away by the view and the sight of the wine on the table was an added bonus! The house was spotless and very roomy, there were 8 adults and a toddler in our party and lots of space to relax in. The conservatory was a great place to have a little quiet time and catch some sun.
We had mixed weather but it didn't spoil our experience as you could spend ages looking out on the bay we spotted seals and a dolphin one evening. Everyone enjoyed the lovely beach and there are plenty of walks to do.
We did on line delivery for our food when we arrived as the bigger shops are in the next village. As a big group the two fridges in the kitchen was very useful.
I would recommend trips to Alnwick and Holy Island and you can check the tide times for safe crossings at Seahouses. I am sitting here trying to think of any negatives about this holiday and even if I was very picky I would struggle to find some. Thank you to Jayne for providing all the information we needed and for letting us stay in your lovely house I am sure we will be back.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space and location
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
Jos M
“Superb location”
Reviewed 27 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

What a fantastic location - right on the shore with superb sea views & only a few minutes walk from the beach. The living accommodation in this upside-down house is spacious & flexible. We also enjoyed the use of Wi-fi, TV & snooker table. From our perspective the only downside was that the bunk room is accessed through another bed room.

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 135
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing