“Holiday evening out”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 41
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Treehouse is one of the most magical and unique restaurants to be found anywhere in the world. It’s high up in the treetops, with a roaring log fire in the centre of the room and trees growing through the floor. Most importantly, the locally-inspired food is delicious. Always featuring local fish and seafood, meats from Northumberland’s farmlands and other regional specialities, the Treehouse Restaurant menus highlight local quality, taste and change throughout the seasons. There’s a great wine list, a good range of beers and regular live music. For a family dining experience that you’ll all enjoy, a great night out with friends or a romantic dinner for two, there’s nowhere quite like it. We always recommend booking ahead for lunch or dinner.
Reviewed 21 September 2018

We visited on a stormy night and the fire was very welcoming on arrival. Service was excallent throughout the evening. Food was very good although two of my choices: the garlic mushrooms and cheese board, turned out to twice the size of my husband's choices of goats cheese salad and chocolate delice. I really struggled with the quantity of food but had no indication that I had ordered so much! The steak was great although rare rather than the medium rare ordered. I had ordered the strawberry and raspberry mocktail which was served in a glass which made it impossible to drink (too narrow at base for liquid to rise above the quantity of ice) but the waiter very kindly offered to change the glass for a more suitable one. These were relatively small considerations and overall we enjoyed the experience. Thank you.

Date of visit: September 2018
AlnwickG1, Guest Relations Manager at The Treehouse Restaurant at the Alnwick Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am so pleased you enjoyed the location, the food and the service.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,220)

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We had lunch at the restaurant. I booked a few weeks in advance but I don’t think this was necessary as there were empty tables. We arrived 30 minutes early and were warned that we might have to wait for food but the service was very good. The food was very good, well cooked and presented. Worth climbing all the stairs to the loo to see the trees outside swaying in the wind although it was a relief on a very windy day that in the tree house itself there was no movement

Date of visit: September 2018
AlnwickG1, Guest Relations Manager at The Treehouse Restaurant at the Alnwick Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I'm really pleased you enjoyed the setting, our food and that the service was very good. Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch after a visit to Alnwick Castle & before going on to the gardens. It was ok...kids would love it, but we don’t have kids & found it a bit ‘novelty’ rather than magical. They were slow to take our food order...we had said we were ready to order & were told they would come & take our order once guests who had preceded us had placed their orders! As we’d booked a table it seemed odd they weren’t ready for us. Once they did take our order, the food came quickly. Starters were lovely. Mains - I had cod which was undercooked & the skin not crispy. My husband had kipper risotto which was nice.

It was ok but I wouldn’t go out of my way to go there again.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I will discuss all of your points with my team to ensure we improve going forward. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Wonderful building the kids will love it but unfortunately the food is only average and a little expensive. Often take our guests just to experience the atmosphere but the last few visits the food has been disappointing not the standard you expect for such a lovely environment.

Date of visit: August 2018
AlnwickG1, Guest Relations Manager at The Treehouse Restaurant at the Alnwick Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you felt our food did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

we came here for my 30th birthday lunch and the food was beautiful. The lamb was so tender it fell off the bone. The setting was amazing, beautiful and better than i expected x would recommend and cant wait to return x

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased you enjoyed the food and the amazing setting.