“Easter Break”

Ranked #34 of 124 Restaurants in Alnwick
Price range: USD 5 - USD 55
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here with family, dropped in for a drink. Lovely place, staff friendly. Children and dogs made very welcome. We didn't have food but it looked lovely. Next time will definitely try the food.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I ended up in Alnwick on a bitterly cold March day with snow and ice on the ground on a Sunday morning. I had a look around the attractive town centre, lots of characterful stone buildings and a wide cobbled market place.
I was then after a traditional Sunday Roast lunch, and I opted for this place which looked attractive from the front and had an A Board outside promoting the Sunday roast dinner that tempted me in. I was an early customer soon after noon, it was initially fairly quiet, but steadily filled up with other diners, some locals, others tourists.
There were a choice of 3 roasts, beef, turkey or pork, for £11.95, with Yorkshire pudding, roast and mash potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carrots, red and green cabbage, so a generous plateful and gravy. The service was prompt and efficient, and it was a fine generous Sunday roast dinner, I opted for the beef. It was all well cooked, the vegetables were just right, not overdone, and lots of them, and a good slice of tasty roast beef.
3 different real ales were on offer, the pint I had was well kept and good quality. By the time I was leaving the place was filling up . I was more than happy with my roast dinner and pint of beer, it was a warm comfortable traditional pub, a welcome place to eat on a bitterly cold day, and fair value for money.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed as we where at a wedding in the area. Can't grumble at the price however the curtain hanging off the rails and the inches of dust on everything makes me wonder of we where the first to stay here in centuries.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Although the restaurant at the back was quiet, after all it was a Monday night, we had a very attentive staff who looked after us very well. Dinner was top quality and we had absolutely no complaints.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Absolutely lovely food, home-cooked & delicious at very reasonable prices. Highly recommend the belly pork, it was scrumptious.