Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
USD 84*
USD 95*
TripAdvisor
Barton Hall Hotel(Barton Seagrave)
PremierInn.com
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfresh milklovely hotelcomplimentary waterlovely poollittle touchessteam roomcoffee machinean industrial estatewedding guestsrestaurant stafffamily roomenjoyable staywedding venuea lovely staysaturday nightplenty of parkingevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Rooms feel tired and dated ( though I believe they are gradually undergoing renovations. AC was extremely efficient and quiet.

The pool area is very nice

Breakfast was ok coffee was terrible

The broken down elevator has been out of service for at least 4 days hard to lug suitcases up and down 3 flights of stairs.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review following your recent visit.

I appreciate your feedback which has been shared with the hotel teams espcecial;y regarding the breakfast and spa. The lift issue was a very inconvenient and unpredicted problem which was resolved as quickly as possible and luggage assistance was available at check in and check out. I do appreciate however the inconvenience when reaching 3rd floor bedrooms and am sorry that you were affected by this experience.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My partner and I stayed one night at the Kettering Park last weekend. We both had dinner in the restaurant. About midnight my partner was suddenly feeling sick and was up all night throwing up. Not the weekend away we had planned. I was Ok although I think it was because I had a cooked started and she had a selection from the chefs cold table. I did tell the reception on checkout and they said they were sorry but that was it. The hotel was OK, a bit tired and 1980s in the middle of a business estate. I think if they are charging way more than the value they hotel offers the customer so i would not go back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear David K,
Thank you for the feedback and I am surprised to read your comments which need further investigation. Needless to say , the allegation of food poisoning is serious and I shall contact you directly to investigate further. There are no other cases of food poisoning and sickness may not be related to food eaten on the premises.
I hope we will be able to communicate further on this matter

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst on a course in Wellingborough. The hotel itself is very nice and all the staff seemed friendly. The pool was very lovely and I enjoyed using it one evening. The sauna and steam room were really awesome too! The room was very clean when I arrived and was visited each day by the housekeeping team. The bar is a great place to go in the evenings, although the prices where very expensive (£5.20 for a bottle of cider). There is also a retail park about 2 minutes drive from the hotel with a Nando's, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and Tesco which was handy.

The only reason I am reluctant to give this hotel 5 stars is due to the breakfast. There was a very small selection available. The full English breakfast was okay but could of been a lot better. In other hotels I have stayed in there are usually a wide range of cereals and savoury items like croissants but here there was a very small selection. Also the food at night took a long time to arrive.

I would recommend this hotel to people, I really enjoyed the stay and would visit again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to write a review following your recent visit.

I appreciate your feedback which will be shared with the hotel teams and more importantly used to maintain and where needed improve the experience for guests at Kettering Park hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I had booked one of the rooms for my grandsons christening and the quality of the Buffett was very poor. For the money I had paid there was hardly enough food for my guests and the presentation was terrible. It was as if they had forgotten and it was very last minute.
I then complained and they kindly offered me a complimentary tea for two, however after telling them and emailing them that my friend was gluten free we arrived and no one knew anything about it! You think they would almost make sure that this went right having had previous problems with the organisation!
I always give a second chance but I will never come here again. It's a shame as the hotel is lovely but the standard of service you would expect here is just not good enough.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We gave this review 5 stars as we only had first class service at The Kettering Park Hotel and Spa . My partner and I wanted a very small and intimate wedding and after speaking to the wedding coordinator we decieded to book the gazebo in the garden for our wedding service . On the day Steph our host made sure everything ran smoothly and she always had a smile . Everyone we at the hotel was lovely nothing was too much trouble . Great service , Great food , Great staff , Very special day , Thank you .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family