All reviews following morning belly pork scampi gravy dog
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Called in the Rokeby inn , after a day out visiting family and friends . staff are friendly and food was great We do pop in for Sunday lunch sometime. And that is excellent as well , we would recommend popping in if your passing there

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We called at the Rokeby Inn as our usual place we call at when on the A66 was closed for refurbishment. What can I say we wanted a meal,a long way from home and didn’t want to go any more out of the way than we already had. Just one person in so the atmosphere wasn’t there.
Didn’t see a sign for a step down into the lounge and my husband went flying down the room. Luckily he managed to stay upright. Got a couple of drinks and looked at the menu and decided on the scampi with salad and chips. Good chips but the salad consisted of a coup,e of shreds of lettuce,couple of pieces of tomatoes,slither of onion and a couple of pieces of cucumber. No salad dressing but there was tartare sauce. Pretty basic but the price wasn’t,£30 for an average meal.
Not bothered over dogs,but two dogs,very friendly were mooching about,which I don’t like when I am eating. The owner did keep telling them to come away,but that’s not the point. So sad to say we won’t be calling there again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We have just had lunch at the Rokeby Inn and I feel compelled to leave a review straight away.

An excellent lunch was had by all and the staff were very friendly indeed. It's rare that you're made to feel so welcome with small children and to be told to let them wander where they like was just lovely.

We will definitely be going to the Rokeby again on our Lakes visits.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

On way back South from day walking in Cumbria, looking for somewhere convenient on the A66, we tried the Rokeby, first time been inside although driven past umpteen times, what a lovely little gem. Very friendly team inside, good quality food and beer plus dog friendly. Made to feel very welcome and reasonably priced. Deffo recommend and we shall certainly be returning.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Myself, my husband and my two children stopped of here and it was amazing!
They have a play area which kept my eldest son entertained while we waited for the food and a toy box inside which my younger daughter played with. When we entered there was a ‘homely’ feel as there was a comfy sofa so we really felt welcomed when we came in they were quite busy but the man behind the bar made us feel welcome and took care to help us with our daughters allergies, ( gluten and dairy free) and told us what she could have and adapted the menu for her. When the food arrived we were delighted with the amount of food we got for the price! My daughters baked potato was the perfect size for her, my husbands belly pork had cracking all on the top(his favorite bit), the childrens meal was well priced with the 2 course and my roast dinner was fabulous with the dish of EXTRA vegetables and the gravy in a separate boat. A girl, who took our food out, came over and checked us with a smile on her face and my son wanted more tomato sauce so she did some. She was such a cheerful person and was so positive. When we left, my husband had left his coat and hadn’t realized and just as we were about to set of, the girl came rushing out and handed it to us.
Anyone who is passing but should definitely stop by and you are sure to be looked after!

Amazing facilities.