other travellers have booked this property
quiet location with stunning views
spacious, light and cosy lounge oak kitchen with rayburn stove
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
quiet location with stunning views
spacious, light and cosy lounge
oak kitchen with rayburn stove
comfortable, en-suite bedrooms
beautiful view right on your doorstep
magnificent dales scenery
panaramic views from the top of the moors
a really lovely place in the country
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Charlotte...
Wendover, United Kingdom
“Lovely quiet, pretty countryside setting, but cottage itself could be more comfortable.”
Reviewed 5 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

My Husband and I had a nice week at this cottage but there were a few little things that meant it wasn't quite everything we had hoped for. The Cottage is next to the owners farmhouse and is in a stunning countryside setting with nice views over fields and beyond, it feels in the middle of no-where but was only a relatively short drive to the local towns/attractions, so was a great base for us.
We found the bed to be very hard and uncomfortable, which is obviously a shame when craving relaxation/sleep on a quiet week away. I was also sad that there was no bath after our long walks etc, but, that was my fault for not asking the question. I found the cooker in the property hard to use and found myself avoiding cooking, but again, I knew from the write up that the property had this type of cooker (Rayburn) before we booked, so, I cannot really moan about that, im just saying that it was not a pleasure to cook on for me. The only other thing that I think the owners could improve is the views from the cottage....and by that I mean that there are quite a few window panes that permanently have condensation trapped in them which hides the amazing views when sitting in the Cottage....such a shame and a reasonably easy problem to fix. Toppers in the beds could also greatly improve the chances of a good nights sleep.
This is a working farm, which I had not taken note of prior to our arrival, and although pretty peaceful in general, we did get woken by very loud cows (who live in the barn next to the cottage) several mornings around 5am.....luckily we like cows so were able to tiredly laugh this off, but worth a mention I think.
The owner that we met was very nice but very much left us to get on with our holiday in peace which was great. She had left some nice, helpful supplies for us on our arrival and spoilt us by also providing a yummy afternoon tea for us to find in the cottage when we arrived, we really appreciated this kind touch.
There are some nice places to visit in this area which we enjoyed finding, and some lovely walks and we did have a nice holiday in general.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing